B.com to ca how ?

Dear All CA and wanted to be come CA.

 

I have done my B.Com and now I want to pursue for CA. Since it is creating gap in my carrer advancement.

Currently I am at very good position in my company but every now and then I feel I am under qualified for my current position only reason being that I am B.Com with just 45%.

 

It will be very good if any one can give me complete details for applying for CA exam.

 

Thank you all.:D

Replies (4)
Originally posted by : Himanshu Dave

Dear All CA and wanted to be come CA.

 

I have done my B.Com and now I want to pursue for CA. Since it is creating some gap in my carrer. Currently I am at very good position in my company but every now and then I feel I am under qualified for my current position only reason being that I am just B.Com with just 45%.

 

I will be very good help if any one can give me complete details for applying for CA exam.

 

Thank you all.

First of all congrats for the post u r enjoying now, and welcome to CA.

To persue CA course u have to register and clear CPT in first instance. Then you can go to 2nd level.

Recently ICAI made an announcement that B.com Grad's need not do CPT level. They can directly do 2nd level. i.e., IPCC but unfortunately it is still not implemented and moreover for that exemption you need to have a score of 55% and above in your Graduation.

So only opition available to u is to opt for cpt and appear for exam.

But before joining the course make sure that u can dedicate some time to the course, n since u r working u need to get some prior permission from institute......

@ Himanshu

3 Years articleship under practicing CA is mandatory in CA course and you will not get handsome salary during articleship. So consider this seriously before taking ur decision. all the best.

I think you shuold go for CWA bcoz, icwai is considaring you job/experience as training.

anu says correct..... but new course also ... IAI

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details