Are you aware? plz read it till the end, I beg.

priyanka narale (PCC student) (407 Points)

22 December 2008  

As I promised I am back to share this reality with u guys. Hope u remember the story I posted!!!

Hey friends this is something very important and I hope u will understand the depth of this issue.

A year ago I advised 1 of my friend to invest his savings in shares instead of depositing in bank I explained him how he can earn at least rs 100 a day. I told him that my father has been investing since 25 years. I explained him that though it is risky but u can master it if u keep in touch with day to day happenings, reading news papers, company reports as they include the company’s current position, its future plans etc .he was convinced  and he earned a good profits some times and bared some losses too . Then he started investing all his salary keeping aside money for his mother (father passed when was 6. Since std. 7th earned his livelihood by delivering paper and milk and then used to attend school. Scored distinction in 10 and 12) he was working in Citi Financial 9 months ago. Now that Citi group has closed most of its units in India and abroad too, he lost his job and further lost all 300000 invested in shares due to steady crash in markets.

Now u all r thinking that why am I telling this to u guys, as this is nothing new many suffered the losses!!!

But this boys case is different coz, he was gathering this money since he was in 7th. As his mother is aged he completed graduation and stopped, convincing himself that he can complete his education later but his mother might not be there to experience his prosperity, so that(invested) money was the outcome of his sacrifice and day n night hard work(actually).

Now let me come to the point, who is responsible for this, “yes, I agree I am the one”. I was feeling guilty of myself actually m still feeling……. But let me tell u the truth read carefully……..

Last Tuesday my boss ordered me to complete 1 pending tax audit. And I was surprised  by what I saw …… what I saw was, my principal had filed the tax return without scrutinizing the books of the client (contractor and builder). And when I told him that most of the bills are missing, there r payments exceeding 20000, vouchers r missing, there r personal expenses etc. he ringed up the accountant and told him to make vouchers on separate dates for payments exceeding 20000, and tick out the unmarked items with green pen himself (isn’t this shocking?). If this is the condition then why r we CA’s here for? Why r there rules and laws? Why r we studying that auditing and all that stuff, if we don’t want to follow those rules?

We CA’s r considered as the most respected ones, people invest their money in various organizations coz they believe us, they believe that there money is safe coz we r providing them correct and up-to-date position of those organizations, firms companies etc.  

I would have raised my voice against this crime. But he will be the one deciding whether I will b a CA or not!! I would say we are no good than the terrorist if this is the scene, we r attacking people’s dreams, there lifelong sacrifices.

The auditor who was auditing citi group wasn’t aware of its position? And what about those Lehman bros, Morgan Stanly etc. yes I agree that this is the old issue, but since I have been the eye witness  of its  effects I couldn’t  stop cursing CA’s of such kind…….

4 days ago I met the same boy and I literally couldn’t stop crying coz that boy was starving since 2 days .  He said me “ plz stop crying. This is not the first time I am starving, Ab iski to adat pad gayi hai.”

But I have decided to help him and wash off my sin. I have given him my stipend, I know it is not enough but will prove useful in such a condition and will give my stipend until he brings stability. My parent’s r there to take care of me and my expenses……….

So plz friends don’t let this happen…..money is not everything. If we take bribe to bring prosperity and luxury in our life, that money will not last forever neither u can enjoy the pleasure bought by that money. ENJOYING LIFE AT OTHERS COST IS NOT HUMANITY.

I am not saying that every CA is the same but it is a fact that there r some who think of themselves. We r paid good compared to other professions then why to commit such acts. Plz give a serious thought to this subject.

And please pray for such people who lost their jobs, their money, and some have lost their closed ones too( committed suicide). Plz pray for this guy He is just 24, circumstances may force him to commit suicide, so pray God not to let this happen.

I m not against all CA’s but sure m against CA’s who r not true to profession.

Thanks.