Allahabad, patna and gauhati high courts

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     02 February 2016

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

| My Other Post

Why are the High courts of metropolitan cities of Bombay, Delhi, Calcutta & Madras alongwith Allahabad, Patna and Gauhati are not called by their state name (except Allahabad which is not the states capital)?

Ex: Why is it called Patna High court rather than Bihar High Court ?

sathyanarayanan (advocate)     03 February 2016

sathyanarayanan
advocate 
 2 likes  62 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear Sathish, What is there in the name,we must concern about the quality of justice rendered on time. It all has been named after the place where it is situated. The high courts at Chennai,Calcutta,Bombay are also called as charted high courts since it all started by charter by English.

1 Like
avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     03 February 2016

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

Sir, I completely endorse your views that for a successful judicial functioning, it is the quality of judgements that should matter or quality of justice delievered is more valuable.

Thanks for enriching our knowledge that the erstwhile British Charters lead to the creation of the honorable High Courts in respective states at that time.

avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     03 February 2016

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

Sir, do you see the passage of a strong Judicial Accountabilty Bill passed by the Parliament?

sathyanarayanan (advocate)     03 February 2016

sathyanarayanan
advocate 
 2 likes  62 points

Dear Sathish, We should always hope for the best,.when it comes we wl discuss pl,.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »