Easy Office

AFTER POOR RESULTS WHAT TO DO NEXT ?

Page no : 2

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : GEENA ANISH

I have got an exemption in MICS in may 2009 but I did not clear 2 nd group in nov and may 2010 and my last attempt for my exemption is in Nov 2010. If I fail in that I am planning to quit CA.... I feel I am not fit for qualifying.... All the best to those studying C.A....

Please regularly update your knowledge by referring good articles published in CA Journal. Also refer certain published balance sheets of Listed Companies.  

For Income-Tax; read Taxmann's Income-Tax Master Guide.

Refer various professional sites including caclubindia (now so easy approach is there) just for fun.  No need to have pressure in mind. Just update yourself about new happening in business world.  

I hope you will know what is the practical use of the subjects which a student studies in CA curriculum. 

Amol (Accounting) (432 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Totally agree with u. But I hav no answer to ur que. May be pressure should build up on ICAI to be fair.

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : God is great

I was declared as a failure in CA final yesterday by ICAI. But I don't want to blame anybody for that. I have failed in both groups securing around 350 marks. This was my 3rd attempt, having completed articleship training I gave my full time to studies alone.

But results have indicated that ICAI wants perfection. I accept that I am not perfect person in life. I had strong belief that I would become CA in this attempt. But ICAI had other ideas.

I want to blame myself for my failure - I never realised that  ICAI was seeking perfection and there was no place to me - who is just above average student.

I have realised that something like this was coming when I could not get through some interviews as I was asked formulae of standard costing and PERT, transportation to be explained orally - which i could not answer. So, I realised that I was not perfect.

According to me your thought is very right & clear. you will be become good CA.  ALL THE BEST DEAR........

Aditya Poddar (CA Qualified CS & Audit Assistant)   (91 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

god is great--- u r fake!!!!

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : GEENA ANISH

I have got an exemption in MICS in may 2009 but I did not clear 2 nd group in nov and may 2010 and my last attempt for my exemption is in Nov 2010. If I fail in that I am planning to quit CA.... I feel I am not fit for qualifying.... All the best to those studying C.A....

DONT THINK FOR QUIT.   PREPARE FOR NOV.2010.  ALL THE BEST.....

Bharat (CA Final) (32 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

YAA, I AGREE WITH U DEAR. MANY STUDENT LIKE ME AND U HAVE GIVEN OUR TIME TO STUDY CA COURSE. BUT STILL NOT A CA. NOW WE CANNOT GO BACK AS WE ARE FINAL STUDENT. I HAD CLEAR 1 GR. IN NOV08. BUT 2 GR. REMAIN STILL. WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT CA DEGREE NOW.

ICAI HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS.   

Shyam Bhardwaj (Pursuing CA) (25 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

is there any way we can take legal action against the ICAI for mental trauma and damage caused to students of ICAI? I think its high time some action be taken against these people. Im sure they pick random roll numbers and pass those people only. The marks are shocking!!There can be no other explanation!!

CA.Pravinchandra (Executive (F&A)) (2387 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

Such Poor Results were not expected at all ! 

When a student reaches to CA Final; (s)he feels proud to say - I am in CA Final. 

But; after declaration of every results; (s)he searches his/her name in the list of successful candidates.

The big problem with all the unsuccessful students is that they can't understand where was the mistake ?

I invite students and peers to give inputs on the results declared and the reasons thereof.  We should also take into account the various negatives effects in the mind of the students.  The situations may be alarming...........for all........   

Although I was also hopeful that at least this time the results would be good.

But......

In my opinion  it seems that due to new challenge before the Institute to update the existing members towards IFRS; the results are poor. 

Let we start a new session and have a positive attitude specially when the circumstances are odd.

Yes I also feel so sir ICAI is expecting more from Students..

Becoz the upcoming changes like IFRS, DTC, GST, New Company Act and XBRL  the role of CA is becoming very challenging one..

Hard time ahead for students.. ( Including Me)

Replied 20 July 2010

Let we relax for the time being. 

Recently; in one of the forum and/or article at caclubindia; it was declared :

(Inspirational quote)

CA doesn't mean : Come Again

CA means : Certainly Achievable. 

(challenging quote)

The Institute Says : 

Certainly Achievable.

Come Again !!

(humour)

the result is-

The Institute of Come-in A ( kameene ) of India !!

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

It was just a humour. 

The institute requires a lot of exercise from the students. 

Shouldn't we take remedial actions !

First of all; find out the mistakes committed continuously. 

Just share what is required to pass the CA examinations. 

1. Dedication ?

2. Speedy Analysis?

3. Intelligence?

4. Excellence?

5. Performance in tough conditions?

6. Quick grasping of new amendments?

7. Good Presentation?

8. Latest Reading?

9. Practical Application?

10. Handling controversial issues?

11. Capabilities of Facing competition?

Last but not the least :

Capabilities to enjoy the profession in all the odd circumstances !

Even if result is not in favour; the only thing should be in mind that something is missing. 

In practical life; you miss the train just because you were late by one minute. 

When you go for shopping to purchase a shirt/dress; you see at least 50 different shirts/dresses.

Sometimes colour is good; cloth is not uptomark. When both is good; the design is not upto mark. When all the good; pocket doesn't allow. 

What happens to the shopkeeper when he has purchased the goods to the best of his knowledge?

Whether he is a failure despite having vast business knowledge and lacs of investment ?

The answer is either yes or no or both (can't say?).  

Similarly; the Institute wish the best  candidate should qualify.  

Agreed ?

1 Like

CA Neeraj Bansal (credit manager of icici bank)   (109 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

I have appeared for finals both groups and my score is 140 & 167 Now i m planning to go for only 2nd group ,is my decision correct

Chandranath Banerjee (Cost Accountant & Company Secretary)   (235 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

All comment is right. In such profession course , I have also faced many ups and downs. When i failed to qualify to be a CS & CWA, at the final level. One of my friend told me that 1st attempt is the best attempt. Then more you study more chances of failure will be high. After that I did not increase my study. Just do revision work and keep myself free and put myself to examination hall. Like kick of Scooter to wait in what kick it will start. So dear if you want to keep any prefessional exam clear set your self ready and keep yourself calm. If you failed do not think your preparation is bad. Just evalute yourself. Passing exam not only reqd. showing your plus point but hiding your - point also. Like once some one has told me the story of the ring of a circus just pass your mind from one ring to another and your body will follow. But passing CA is a full time job. In case of GEENA I can told you your energy has been diverted into too many thing just consolidated your force. Best of luck for the next time.

I can tale you passing CA not required extra ordinary merit like IIM, IIT, IIS & IPS. For cracking CA required average merit, lots of hard work, isolation, overcoming fear of failure and lots of good luck.

1 Like

Shilpi (Deputy Manager) (23 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Dear God is Great,

Don't Become Upset.

Want to talk to you once regarding CA Final Exam. Please give me a call 09322662144.

Thanks

CA Shilpi Kothari

2 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

Dear Ashok, 

Please don't go for one group only. You have been unsuccessful due to aggregate. Just focus more on two subjects of your interest and surely you will pass. 

Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

"can tale you passing CA not required extra ordinary merit like IIM, IIT, IIS & IPS. For cracking CA required average merit, lots of hard work, isolation, overcoming fear of failure and lots of good luck."

Recently the student who scored 4th Rank in CA Final (New) named Deepti Banka; has passed PCC appearing single groups. Thenafter she got motivated and worked hard.

The result is now before all of us. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: