ICICI

AFTER POOR RESULTS WHAT TO DO NEXT ?

avater

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     20 July 2010

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

View Profile | My Other Post

I have also shocked to know about the present results specially when CA students have enough Coaching facilities and good publications.

These are the results which were previously declared by the Institute in 1980's. Not only students but parents also used to curse Institute. Then till 1995; very few students came for CA because the time was for MBA students. 

CPT was introduced to lure students as I heard from Mr. N C Sunderrajan; the then President of ICAI - a slogan of CATCH THEM YOUNG and because of low cost of education; many of students preferred it. 

The Institute is well known about its tough results; all we know.

In one of the forum; posted almost 6 months back by me specially when some students did suicide when they failed in CA exams; I wrote that there are several alternatives easily available which are also very good for career for Commerce Students. 

But; sometimes students are not ready to leave CA despite they experience that past  results are not in their favour. 

I am not discouraging. After searching that post; I will reproduce the same here.

avater

DINESH PATEL (FINANCE &ACCOUNT MANAGER - CA FINAL STUDENT)     20 July 2010

DINESH PATEL
FINANCE &ACCOUNT MANAGER - CA FINAL STUDENT 
 16 likes  657 points

dear surendra sir ,

i blame myself for my failure, as you said sir t,heres is somthing missing

(luck), but i think my analytical  skill is not good, which is very essential for costing.

avater

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

On the request of some of students; I have posted AFTER POOR RESULTS WHAT TO DO NEXT separately. 

You all deserve success. It is my belief. Each one deserves to get success. It is also true that success is not so easy. 

During my past 23 years of practice; I have seen many persons did very hard labour but got almost nothing (including me). 

There are certain chances which emerge and one should be ready to grab it. 

Many of my clients lost money in share market but dared to reinvest in share market because all the time I advised them that Loss of Share Market can be covered only by Share Market.  

If someone thinks that despite we did hard labour; the success is not there then read my previous posts in this forum again. 

Analyse the situations. 

When you appeared for in the CA exams; were you confident enough to say that I  find my place in first ten out of 100 students ?

If yes; then surely something is wrong which is hidden. 

avater

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

Don't loose patience. 

Whatever I wrote in my previous post; after a very hard work (I never like to say it as hard work); suddenly I got good proposal one day which was referred by previous employee  who reallized that my sir is a fit person to serve his relative. 

No need to disclose what value he is giving to me.

From my boss I learnd a lot despite the fact I was also not happy with the articleship at that time. My another mentor  served only 4 clients during whole of his life. One of his client was Rampuria family - the owner of world famour Rampuria Havelies of Bikaner. He gave me the following Mantra which I share here with all my friends here: 

1. Distribute the day in three parts. 

2. One for Study. 8 hours daily when you are student. If you are in practice; devote 8 hours for practice.

3. Meet different persons for 8 hours daily. 

4. Rest of your pesonal work -  do these in 8 hours (including your rest). 

So simple and so effective ! 

1 Like
avater

SUNNY SEHGAL (CA Final)     20 July 2010

SUNNY SEHGAL
CA Final 
 59 points

Actually after seeing the yesterday's result i am not in a condition to think anything,because after writing each and every exam i would refer the book to the questions being answered by me and was fully confident of getting qualified in the first attempt,but i really dont know how they have verified the answer papers in such a rude manner.This times result will surely have a bad impression on the students mind as they will be totally confused that what ICAI expects from them.

avater

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

To continue the previous post; I must say - I worked hard to advise my clients to cover their losses in share market and fortunately not only they but also I invested my small savings day-by-day in share market.  Now whatever is the share market; I can choose  good scrip where I can stay for a very long period because it grows year to year. (Please don't ask here for advice; I charge for that).

So your passion  gives success.  Why you think that only by passing  CA  you will make your good career.  If you think for passing; you will feel pressure and nobody can perform better in pressure. 

Those who have already completed their  training - my advise  to them is  - study for knowledge and have some relevant work in your hand. This way you will be in touch with the profession and earn also. Don't forget to have some friends who are pursuing CA.  

avater

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

Originally posted by : SUNNY SEHGAL

Actually after seeing the yesterday's result i am not in a condition to think anything,because after writing each and every exam i would refer the book to the questions being answered by me and was fully confident of getting qualified in the first attempt,but i really dont know how they have verified the answer papers in such a rude manner.This times result will surely have a bad impression on the students mind as they will be totally confused that what ICAI expects from them.

If you are really so confident; go for rechecking. In last May,2009 attempt; many students were declared successful. There is no harm in rechecking. 

avater

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

During last three years; I selected some of the students randomly in the class and told them to show their notes. 

Can you believe; nobody did it. 

Even my articled clerks are hesitating  to show it. 

Why ?

Because they really know what is their standard and  don't wish to bear "unnecessary words"  from the boss !

avater

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

The following is the link where I have discussed in length about CA profession and failed students who take as if failed in the life. 

/forum/details.asp?mod_id=66931&offset=6

avater

FRANCIS. P.W. (PARTNER)     20 July 2010

FRANCIS. P.W.
PARTNER 
 21 points

It is time that ICAI has to go for transperancy.  Not only Final even CPT results were poor.  ICAI should give the photstat copy of the answer sheets to students only in case of CPT. 

Since it is objective type, nothing to hide.  If institute doesn't like to give, then something wrong with the examination system.

ICAI has to do this immediately.  Then the faith in our exam system will be further increased.  Otherwise ... ...... everyone knows ...... . ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here