Easy Office

AFTER POOR RESULTS WHAT TO DO NEXT ?

Page no : 5

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Originally posted by : jose.p
Sir, i got around 77pc in cpt; and cleared pcc in abt 60pc in first attempt(6 months late due to personal problems).What should be my statregy?

Stop cursing Institute and face all the odds in a positive manner. What energy you are spending on cursing; if the same is applied for improvement then surely you will win the game of CA in first attempt. It would be a great achievement because out of 1000 students hardly 3 qualify in first attempt.I heartily wish success for you and when you qualify do your best  for the members when you qualify for CA. 

Post your critical comments in such a way that others like it. 

You should imagine the effect when you post your  views.

It is my humble request to you. Many times people quit posting when you post something there.

To err is human; to forgive is divine.

Forgive the Institute; you will become Great ! 

(please.....please.....don't take it otherwise).

Kabir Vani : Bura jo dekhan main chala...........

1 Like

Aditya Poddar (CA Qualified CS & Audit Assistant)   (91 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

to err is human,to err repeatedly is INHUMANE

Replied 21 July 2010

I know it; but what to do when you yourself choose your peers like such - knowing well about it.

CA Vasiullah (Vasi) (Audit Executive) (1813 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

I'm preparing for IPCC first attempt which is due in Nov 2010!!! but I'm more concerned about what will happen in final? I'm really scared after seeing the results and the discussion in this thread!!! should I really continue with this course? even if I qualify IPCC,will I really be able to Crack CA final? appears to be a distant possibility after seeing these shocking results!!!

Replied 21 July 2010

Dear Vashi,

The discussion is not towards to leave CA. 

The discussion is towards what strategy should be adopted next time. 

If you have passion to be a CA; then surely you would be able to get this qualification. 

If you wish to get success in life and you have other alternatives where you can do excellency; then you should also join that course.

Go for excellency and break all your own past records. It is possible. 

In recently declared results;  the 4th Rank Holder in CA Final; passed PCC by appearing individual groups and now she has got rank with 5 GOLD MEDALS. 

I don't think that one is more intelligent than other. The question is of application of mind and devotion of time. 

Ritesh (CA Final) (326 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

I was very optimistic this time around but i failed once again. It seems tough to recover from this..

I wonder where am i going wrong...I never expected such poor score in IDT....How would i ever know where am i going wrong since we can't ever see our papers....

There are few things which hurts me a little....Lets take an Instance..... A person securing between 185-200 and not getting exemption in any of the subjects and on the other hand there is another person getting 150-160 but getting an Exemption in one of the subjects..... Whose position would you prefer to be in? Definitely the second one because no one knows how one might fare in the same subject next time around......But how fair is it?

What also i can't believe is the justification of 100 marks paper for MICS? How can you evaluate a person's intelligence if he/she clears just on the basis of pretty high score in MICS? The theoretical aspect of MICS can never help you in long run....Had Institute made MICS's exam practical oriented, that would have make much better sense..

Replied 21 July 2010

I want to be optimistic and want to make a fresh start but what is demotivating for me is to see the fate of some of my coleagues/Friends who cleared CA Final in much higher attempts and now facing difficulties everywhere.....

It is a fact that Attempts does matter.......Definitely, your communication skills, your presentation skills, your confidence does matter but that can be shown  only once you are invited for an Interview........But the higher No. of attempts make one's chances of getting an Interview call much bleaker.......

Replied 21 July 2010

Dear Ritesh,

CA Final Old course first ranker got only 44 marks in Management Accounting !

So your performance is upto mark. Only due to tough marking; you have failed. Don't worry. Join one more course like CS. I hope without  emphasising on this course; you would be able to clear it and at least one professional degree would be soon in your hands the value of which not less. 

Prepare yourself  with some extra-ordinary readings about the subjects. Focus at least  on 3 subjects of your choice. Certainly you will achieve your goal. 

Wish you all the best.

Replied 21 July 2010

Dear Mr. Surendra Kumar Rakhecha

Thanks for your wishes...I will try my best to clear it this time around.....

But MICS has always been a big problem for me....I dont found it interesting....I changed my strategy a bit last time around and paid full attention to Institiute's Module which i wasnt doing earlier.....But i found revising lengthy module very tough and time consuming and lost out on the revision of few Topics but still my paper didn't went bad and  i was hoping to secure good marks in it but nothing spectaculer happened and i just managed to clear it...

Could you please advice me on how to approach this particular subject?

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER) (227 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Dear Sir

These hard results will put CA Degree in the league of I.A.S, A.I.I.M.S , IIT, Rest of degrees are on sale in India with the help of education Mafia.

But seeing the employment difficulties even after passing C.A, I have been compelled to feel it is not a advisable choice to new entrants. In fields mentioned above at least returns are assured.

I am working in a very good company  and recently cleard cpt with 70% marks, Now I think to leave the job for Article ship is like jumping in the sea of uncertainty, where there is no guarantee of clearing the strom even you are sincere to your goals.

What else , It  is India - Country full of talented people with low oppertunity.

Advise your juniors to take science dump commerce. Those who have already into the mess.

With no option left think positively, you have not failed but this session their was seats only for 400 people so they have selected top in merit rankings wise, you are not failed but there are 400 better people than you.

Try again to be in those top, if fail try again till the blood flows in your vein, do not loose heart. This degree has some beautiful points also

NO AGE

EASY ENTRY NORMS LIKE A TRAP

NO QUALIFICATION CRITERIA

ONLY HARD WORKERS CRAMMER TYPE BOOK WORM

COURSE DOES NOT DEMAND INNOVATION CREATIVITY APPLICATION OF MIND JUST HARD WORK REVISION REVISION AND REVISION

IMMENSE STATUARY POWER UNCOMPARABLE TO ANY PROFESSION.

IF ALREADY ENTERED DONOT LOOSE HEART FIGHT TILL SUCCESS. DO NOT BLAME ANY BODY IT IS MERIT BASED EXAM WHERE THEY SELECT TOP PEOPLE.

ENJOY LIFE. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE TILL AGE OF 40-45 TRYING TO CLEAR BUT ALSO EARNING WELL SIMILIAR TO CA BY DOING ACCOUNTS WORK OF PARTIES.

BEAUTIFULL PROFESSION

REGARDS

1 Like

Replied 22 July 2010

Adding  my views : 

Originally posted by : argumentative indian

Dear Sir

These hard results will put CA Degree in the league of I.A.S, A.I.I.M.S , IIT, Rest of degrees are on sale in India with the help of education Mafia.

(Fully agree).

But seeing the employment difficulties even after passing C.A, I have been compelled to feel it is not a advisable choice to new entrants. In fields mentioned above at least returns are assured.

(Fully agree till there is new crowd lured to do CA).

I am working in a very good company  and recently cleard cpt with 70% marks, Now I think to leave the job for Article ship is like jumping in the sea of uncertainty, where there is no guarantee of clearing the strom even you are sincere to your goals.

(Of course, you are right).

What else , It  is India - Country full of talented people with low oppertunity.

(Don't agree. At least 50 careers emerge from CA,CWA and CS alone). If you engage with good training firms or others (industry) as applicable to you; career is rewarding in comparison to the costs.

Advise your juniors to take science dump commerce. Those who have already into the mess.

(Don't agree. In initial stage; the focus of Sceince stream is also towards 'RATTA MARNE KA"  -regarding various formulae). The only problem with the students is that they don't engage themselves in studies since beginning of the career. Commerce students have habit to touch the books only in exam days. 

With no option left think positively, you have not failed but this session their was seats only for 400 people so they have selected top in merit rankings wise, you are not failed but there are 400 better people than you.

(Fully agree particularly for this time).

Try again to be in those top, if fail try again till the blood flows in your vein, do not loose heart. This degree has some beautiful points also

(Humour : Even if you have some heart problems; so many hospitals direly need heart  patients although heart patients are increasing day-by-day in India. But fortunately no CA student is suffering from heart disease; so to that extent your words seems true).

C A   Advertisement (Hoarding)

Attractive Offer : 

NO AGE

(Whole life policy)

EASY ENTRY NORMS LIKE A TRAP

(But you will never feel like that) 

NO QUALIFICATION CRITERIA

(this is called the opportunity)

ONLY HARD WORKERS CRAMMER TYPE BOOK WORM

(hidden benefits - ask anyone who knows about us)

COURSE DOES NOT DEMAND INNOVATION CREATIVITY APPLICATION OF MIND JUST HARD WORK REVISION REVISION AND REVISION

(this is called a total new vision)

IMMENSE STATUARY POWER UNCOMPARABLE TO ANY PROFESSION.

(with full liabilities to keep records of all clients for 10 years)

IF ALREADY ENTERED DONOT LOOSE HEART FIGHT TILL SUCCESS. DO NOT BLAME ANY BODY IT IS MERIT BASED EXAM WHERE THEY SELECT TOP PEOPLE.

(The offer is valid for you only).

Summary :  

ENJOY LIFE. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE TILL AGE OF 40-45 TRYING TO CLEAR BUT ALSO EARNING WELL SIMILIAR TO CA BY DOING ACCOUNTS WORK OF PARTIES.

BEAUTIFULL PROFESSION

GUARD....... ......(know more about new circumstances, we add all the new developments which take place.....from time to time......Rest next time...)

sagar (CA Final) (379 Points)
Replied 22 July 2010

I wish.. Institute should be specific about its expectations so that students will prepare accordingly...

it should communicate how we should write... but clear. mererly it cant say study hard....and labour will give u return..

helllll

Replied 22 July 2010

Dear Sagar (& Others), 

You are right. No proper guidance are given to the students except good-good words. There is a lack of proper counseling to the students.

Initially; I have given certain funny comments but  we are here to ascertain what to do next when such poor results are there. 

I take the career as profit centre.

A businessmen has to close the business activities if there are no profits despite making huge investments. This is from businessmen side. Another side is that despite making huge investment by the investors; they were not properly rewarded by most of the companies; history speaks. 

So one has to take smart decisions. Only hard work will not pay. 

Here I wish to share my own experience. The Institute wish to qualify only those students whose performance is outstanding. The confidence of outstanding performance is rare in the students. The big question is why such confidence is not there. 

When we suggest students to refer certain modules and/or books; they are afraid of  big volume/size. At one time they wish to get one of  best course in the world and at the second time they don't wish to take pains. 

Very few students read regularly. It is a fact. Training is a burdensome for them and it is the reason that they feel fatigue. Although I agree that training is not up to the mark. But still whatever is available; a lot can be learned which students don't care during training hours. 

When students do vouching; hardly they apply their mind. It is just ticking for them. When they have balance sheet in their hands; they never try to compare the previous results. So the analytical exercise is missing.

They don't maintain their own diary what they did in a day. If they maintain their diary; they will be alert. Ask me how -  because they can analytically see what is their progress. This is the first step towards CA training. We check the records of others and therefore we should maintain our own records perfect.  Technically speaking; these records are known as working paper. 

Tell me; how many students see the NOTES ON ACCOUNTS of an audited balance sheet very carefully. For them; this is just a copy paste exercise.  Whatever corrections are made by the boss; they don't take care why the  balance sheets finalized by us have been modified. 

If one take seriously the NOTES ON ACCOUNTS part only, they will very well know about practical application of accounting standards. 

Similarly; students like to work on computers but when one sees the marks scored by them in MICS then the situation is very miserable. They just read the study materials and don't try to know which types of softwares are now available in the market.  They don't know how to install certain softwares which are freely available at various sites.  Very few have real  knowledge about  Management Information System.

The requirement of passing CA is to be at par with the Boss's working. (Don't comment on him, you have chosen yourself as your boss). 

Be so confident about the subjects that whenever you are asked about a particular situation; you can immediately solve that. 

The message of the Institute is : AWAKE ALL THE TIME.

Read my article ONE SHOT SUCCESS IN CA

(which has been copied at various sites and blogs)

and

thenafter read SECOND SHOT SUCCESS IN CA.

(which is very relevant to you all particularly at this time after the declaration of the results)

Also read my article REASONS OF LOSS OF MEMORY DURING EXAM DAYS and  REVISION OF WHOLE SYLLABUS IN DAY ONE.

(These articles are also copied at various sites and blogs).

Above all;  if  after preparation you can say that YES, I  CAN PERFORM EXCELLENTLY  then surely you will get success in CA exams.

Wish you all the best.

1 Like

sagar (CA Final) (379 Points)
Replied 23 July 2010

Thanks Sir,

Your inputes are really good. you can see from both sides. I read every thing fully. I can tel you that, i work in a medium firm where A-Z all work I have to do.

Initially when I joined i was feeling afraid but soon I start taking responsibility, My boss started relying on me and all work that my boss had to see, I do. even clients and collegues ask me their clarification instead to my boss. I feel happy to help them. I remember I have helped my clients at very difficult situations and I give valuable feed back alsl. My pride is when people start enquiring about me and clients specifically ask my boss to work for them. I feel Happy when I remember I discharged from hospital just because september 30 was a few days ahead..Even I got job offers from clients. My boss is satisfied with my performance and he knows how good I am.

All the above was not self appraisal but a mere hurt that despite all my hard work and dedicated studies what I am so poor in securing marks in exam!!!

I will not quite CA.. Only thing I am asking is Institute should not do like this and if it has some specific expectations it should communicate clearly.

I feel too good to read your msg and I feel I fulfill all questions that  u have asked

Replied 23 July 2010

Other CA students should learn from the attitude of Sagar.

When you are ready to take responsibilities; power will automatically come in your hands. The public is not fool. It realizes well  who is worthy and who is not. 

One practical example for all -

One of my client is residing in one of the village of Surat. With simple strategy (i.e. simplicity) he is popular in his village and he is helping others.  One mobile company was interesting to expand their network in the surrounding villages. After its survey; they found this is person who is the most suitable to be appointed as its distributor.

Now his turnover is to the extent of some listed companies but still running a proprietorship concern !

Now further I explain :

For one issue; I told him to clarify from the company. His son immediately attended  the officer of the company  and waited for 4 hours to discuss the matter. Ultimately at 10.00 pm the matter was solved. He had to live in Surat for that night.

This is the attitutde of a villager !

Whether CA students are following such  attitude  towards their profession ?

If yes; be sure there is a career whatever is the result.  No need to ask for multinationals. When you go to the multinationals; you can't live your own public life - it is my opinion.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: