Accounting head for the expense

Manik (CA-Final)     03 June 2016

 53 points

| My Other Post

Dear Sir/Ma'am I'm at a client site and have the following query Under which head of accounting should the following expenses be shown 1) Purchase of forms like F Form etc 2) Purchase of stamp papers 3) Amount paid for new TIN no certificates 4) Some expenses which are paid at various govt offices under the table My client has charged all the expenses under Misc expense


CA Rohit Jain (Practice)     03 June 2016

CA Rohit Jain
 146 likes  1745 points

View Profile | My Other Post

No other legal treatment can be given to such type of transactions. being an auditor you must consider the concept of materiality. If these amount arre so material that they can change the view of user after seeing the financial statements then they should not be part of Misc exps, otherwise its ok to show them as Misc Exp


Tarun Srivastava (Accounts Consultant)     04 June 2016

Tarun Srivastava
Accounts Consultant 
 4 likes  77 points

View Profile | My Other Post

you can claim all the above expenses as 'Legal Fees & Expenses' account, except under the table expenses.

Under the table expenses can be shown as Withdrawal of Capital (Proprietor or Partners) in case of so necessity.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »