30 year old looking for career change - ca

Arun Kumar (IT Analyst) (34 Points)

10 February 2015  

Hello All - I am in need of some serious advice.Here goes my introduction 

- Chennai Based 31 year old Guy ,Married , Has two Kids

- Qualified as Electrical Engineer and Employed in the IT Industry for Last 9 years

- Current Pay is 12 Laks/Annum

- Been Involved in Stock Market for couple of years now and always been fascinated by Finance Industry

I wanted to Pursure CA to enhance my Knowledge in Finance and make myself more employable.The engineering degree has lost its sheen and while my friends at work enjoys their leisure time happly, I spent time in Stock Market and is LOVING it to the core.so have decided to take this Learning to the next level by pursuing the CA.My question 

1) Will i be able to become a CA at this age of 31? I have time everyday from morning 6 hr available in the morning( i work in 12 pm to 9 pm shift only) and all weekends.Other than basic family chores i would be able to sincerely study and do the hardwork? 

2) How long will it take for me to complete CA? I do not want to do it fast track considering my full time Job but may be within 3 to 4 years?

3) May be if things dont go well after 5 years from now(would be 35 yrs old then) and if i have completed my CA, might shift from my software Industry Job to a Normal CA Job for lesser Pay? would that be possible?

4) I read about 6 months articleship.Should that be done FULL Time Compulsorily? Is there any option for me to continue my Full time Job and work with an Auditor for Half day for the articleship?

Thanks in advance for your help in answering my questions !!