Easy Office

[official] cfa thread for ca/cs students

Page no : 11

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 24 April 2013

@ Arindam.. i know  few guys from iim's sitting at home wid no jobs.. so the thing is even if ur a grad. from iim's , u can't guarantee urself a job... have faith in urself..

@ mohit thx for the compliment man :) go for cfa wid no worries .. even im inot my final year of articles.... :)
all the best

*PEACE*

Ak (Student CA Final ) (90 Points)
Replied 01 May 2013

Hi,

The elligibility criteria for CFA says "Have a bachelor's (or equivalent) degree".I would like to know whether CA will be considered equivalent to a bachelor's degree.

A CA is allowed to appear in CAT/UPSC exams.I had clarified the same with IIM helpline and they had clarified that the CA degree is valid for appearing for CAT, which implies that it is equivalent to a bachelor's degree. I also tried to ask the same from CFA Institute [info @ cfainstitute.org] and they said if my course is equivalent to bachelor's in my country then I'm elligible to appear for CFA. 
So, if i clear my CA final will i be elligible to appear for CFA? [I'm not pursuing graduation]

Regards,

Replied 02 May 2013

@ AK . bro unfortunately CA isnt recognised as a bachelors equivalent course for signing up for the CFA exams... CA is a not a degree, not a diploma but a CHARTER.. and even ICAI does not show up anywhere when signin up for the CFA exams it only shows the names of different universities in india.. inlcuding IGNOU and iim's and iit's.

*PEACE*

Ak (Student CA Final ) (90 Points)
Replied 02 May 2013

But there is an option to select "Other" while selecting universities in India when signing up for CFA. 

Kishan agrawal (None) (31 Points)
Replied 07 May 2013

hey espinoage..

i am doing my graduation from IGNOU and my exams are in DEC 13 so am i eligible to give CFA level 1 in dec'13 or i have to wait till May 14...

please reply its urgent..

Replied 20 May 2013

@ ak bro cant say anything about the "other" option.. better contact the CFA institute.

@ kishan u can only give ur attempt after ur results r out..

*PEACE*

Manoj Kumar (Cost and Managment Accountant)   (31 Points)
Replied 22 May 2013

Hi espionage

Firstly thanks to give guidance and knowledge to CFA aspirant.

I need your view regarding CFA-US. I am Cost Accountant, passed it in Dec-2010. I just want to switch my career in IB from my current Accounting & Costing job profile.

How it is good for career growth in India and US? 

Are job prospects very well in india and US? 

What is the starting salary (Minimum or Average in INR) after different level of CFA?

I am just making a fair plan of CFA path and want to gaining exp. from the starting with level-1.

Awaiting your reply.

Replied 24 May 2013

@ manoj uve shifted ur carrer to IB as investment banking ??

cfa is a niche .. very helpful for furthering into core finance.. particularly asset management... not so helpful for corporate finance...

job prospects are good... cant say abt the starting salaries with accuracy...

*PEACE*

prabhakar (ceo) (26 Points)
Replied 29 May 2013

subject which has been read in level -1 of CFA...

Rajan Sharma (CA Practice ) (22 Points)
Replied 06 June 2013

Hi Friends, I am a Qualified CA from abhor and presently doing job in ca firm. I have cleared CA in Nov 2011.i want to work in finance field But still now I couldn't get a job . Now I am thinking about doing cfa. Is it a good idea?
since i m doing job in ca firm and i doing work releated to  auditting and taxation

i wish to know, whether doing CFA will help me? i'm doubtful because by the time i'll clear my CFA, i'll have 3 4 yrs of experience in taxation and auditting
wont it hamper my future growth instead of helping it??
bcz my experience turn irrelevant if i apply for a job in finance  
plz advise me

Dishayu Kapadia (Student CA IPC / IPCC) (21 Points)
Replied 12 June 2013

Hey Espionage,

I have given my IPCC in may 2013 and am considering CFA along with CA from my final year as a career option. But I have heard that the scope is not that wide nor is the pay scale interesting for such a combo.

If true then kindly suggest any other interesting and growing fields for my future to do along wid CA.

Thankyou.

smit (ca) (21 Points)
Replied 28 June 2013

i am currently in my tybcom...can i attempt for cfa level 1 in december 2013 ??

(Guest)

mr espionage is Bcom distance is an equivalent bachelors degree , and also clarify me that should i need a passport for the eligibility for pursuing cfa

thanks in advance

Replied 05 July 2013

sorry for late reply guys , was a bit busy

@ prabhakar 10 subjects . check cfa website. subjects are clearly mentioned

@ rajan sharma try for a job in finance in a renowned company no metter the role and study for cfa on the job, just a suggestion anyways. bein in auditing and tax wll impact future roles for finance negatively.. again just a view

@ diyashu scope is very good and compensations a re phenomenal. dont listen to others . listen to ur heart :)

@ smit yes u can bro

@ R.D. jr yes it is considered equivalent and yes passport is mandatory for registration.

*PEACE*

2 Like

Ashwin Toshniwal (Article Assistant) (61 Points)
Replied 07 July 2013

Hey Espionage,

Firstly, You are doing a Great Job man!! Keep it up bro.

I am currently in my second year of Articles n will be giving my CA final in Nov 2014. I am appearing for CFA Level 1 in December 2013.

I have purchased Schweser Material & intend to swear by them. I can put in a max of 16 hours a week over the next 4.5 months. I need advice on the following issues:

1. What are the Key areas that I need to give greater weightage to?

2. Is Schweser Texts sufficient? Any additional mock exams or Q banks that you recommend?

3. Any study planner/ Study Schedule to be adhered to?

4. Any other inputs/ suggestions.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Ashwin Toshniwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: