Date wise Applicability of Service Tax Provision of Finance
Changes Applicable from – 01.03.2016
1. Restoration of exemption on services provided to the Government, a local
authority or a governmental authority.
Restoration of exemption on services to an airport and port.
Withdrawal of exemption on services to monorail or metro, in respect of
contracts entered into on or before 01.03.2016
4. Exemption to services by way of construction etc .. in respect of-
(a)housing projects under Housing For All (HFA) (Ur ban)
Mission/Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY);
(b)low cost houses up to a carpet area of 60 square meters in a housing
project under “Affordable housing in Partnership” c omponent of PMAY,
(c)low cost houses up to a carpet area of 60 square meters in a housing
project under any housing scheme of the State Gover nment,
5. Exemption to specified services provided by the Indian Institutes of
6. Notification to ensure that Information Technolo gy Software is subjected
to either central excise duty or service tax. To de al with assessment of
media with recorded Information Technology Software , where RSP is
affixed or assessment when RSP is not required.
7. Insertion of Explanations in Rule 5 of Point of Taxation Rules, 2011
8. Service provided by Container Train Operators
9. Cenvat credit is being allowed to service provid ers providing services by
way of transportation of goods by a vessel fro m India to abroad.
10.Notification No. 27/2012 – C.E. (N.T.) is amende d to specify relevant
Changes Applicable from 01.04.2016
Exemption on services by senior advocate to other advocate or to a law
firm is being withdrawn. Levy under forward charge .
A person represented on an arbitral tribunal to an arbitral tribunal;
Date from which the definition of support services shall stand deleted
from the Finance Act, 1994.
4. Exemption being withdrawn from the services of transport of
passengers, by ropeway, cable car or aerial tramwa y.
New exemptions for services by,-