MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade)
New Delhi, the 8th February, 2021
G.S.R. 105(E). - The draft of the following rules further to amend the Ammonium Nitrate Rules, 2012 which the Central Government proposes to make in exercise of the powers conferred by section 5 and 7 of the Explosives Act, 1884 (4 of 1884), is hereby published as required by sub-section (I) of section 18 of the said Act for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby; and notice is hereby given that the said draft rules shall be taken into consideration after thirty days from the date on which the copies of this notification as published in the Official Gazette are made available to the public;
Objections or suggestions, if any, to these draft rules may be sent to the Additional Secretary (Explosives), Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and
Industry, Room No…… , Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 107 or sent by email (………………. ) within the period specified above;
The objections or suggestions which may be received from any person with respect to the said draft rules, within the period so specified will be considered by the Central Government.
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) these rules may be called the Ammonium Nitrate (Amendment) Rules 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Ammonium Nitrate Rules, 2012 following may be amended.
3. In the said Rules in Rule 11 after the sub-rule (4) following shall be inserted namely;
(5) Adequate firefighting facility shall be provided at ammonium nitrate storage and handling premises.
4. In the said Rules in Rule 12 after the sub-rule (6) following shall be inserted namely;
6(a) All flooring in ammonium nitrate storage and handling area shall be without open drains, traps, pits or pockets into which any molten ammonium nitrate is able to flow and be confined in the event of fire.
5. In the said Rules in Rule 18 in the sub-rule (3) after the word “licensed storehouse” following shall be inserted namely; “situated beyond 500 meters from the port notified area”.
6. In the said Rules in Rule 51 in the sub-rule (2) after the word “shall” following shall be inserted namely; “allow to auction or”
7. In the said Rules in Rule 51 after the sub-rule (2) following shall be inserted namely;
2(a) Disposal of Ammonium Nitrate shall be in accordance to the Hazardous Wastes (Management, Handling and Trans Boundary Movement) Rules, 2008 enacted under Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
[F. No. P-13012/2/2021-EXPLOSIVE]
SUMITA DAWRA, Addl. Secy.
Note : The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification G.S.R. 553(E), dated the 11th July, 2012, subsequently amended vide G.S.R……. , dated the……… . and G.S.R……. dated the……. .