Securities and Exchange Board of India
January 19, 2021
All Registered Merchant Bankers
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
All Registered Registrars to an Issue
All Self Certified Syndicate Banks
All listed entities
All entities who propose to list the specified securities
Sub: Relaxations relating to procedural matters –Issues and Listing.
1. SEBI vide Circular no. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020 granted one time relaxations from strict enforcement of certain Regulations of SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018, pertaining to Rights Issue opening upto July 31, 2020.
2. Based on the representations received from the market participants, the validity of these relaxations, as provided by Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020, was further extended for Rights Issues opening upto December 31, 2020.
3. The relaxation mentioned in point (iv) of the SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 6, 2020 is further extended and shall be applicable for Rights Issues opening upto March 31, 2021 provided the issuer along with the Lead Manager(s) shall continue to comply with point (v) of the SEBI Circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78 dated May 06, 2020.
4. This circular shall come into force with effect from the date of issue of circular
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred by Section 11(1) read with Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulations 299 and 300 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
6. A copy of this circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework/Circulars”.
Rajesh Kumar D
Corporation Finance Department