August 26, 2011
All Credit Rating Agencies Registered with SEBI
Sub: Processing of Investor Complaints in SEBI Complaints Redress System (SCORES)
1. SEBI has commenced processing of investor complaints in a centralized web based complaints redress system ‘SCORES’. The salient features of this system are:
• Centralized database of all complaints.
• Online movement of complaints to the concerned intermediaries
• Online upload of Action Taken Reports (ATRs) by the concerned entities, and
• Online viewing by investors of action on the complaints and its current status.
2. Accordingly, henceforth all complaints shall be forwarded electronically through SCORES only. You are hereby directed to view the pending complaints at http://scores.gov.in/admin and submit the ATR along with supporting documents electronically in SCORES. Please note that updation of action taken would not be possible with physical ATRs. Hence, submission of physical ATR will not be accepted for complaints lodged in SCORES.
3. Intermediaries can view the complaints in the SCORES system by logging in with their user id and password which will be communicated separately.
4. A daily alert on pending complaints will be forwarded at the e-mail ID registered with SEBI for regulatory communications.
5. Failure on the part of the entity in updating the Action Taken Report (ATR) on the SCORES will be considered as non-redressal of complaint and will be shown as pending against the entity.
6. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
7. This circular is available on SEBI website (www.sebi.gov.in) under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Circulars”.
Deputy General Manager
Phone No. 022-26449313
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org