Import of goods under Notification No.13/2010-Customs dated 19.2.2010 for Commonwealth Games, 2010 – regarding
Circular No.: 31 /2010-Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
159-A, North Block
30th August, 2010.
All Chief Commissioners of Customs / Customs (Prev.).
All Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central Excise.
All Commissioners of Customs / Customs (Prev.).
All Commissioners of Customs & Central Excise.
All Directors General under CBEC.
Subject: Import of goods under Notification No.13/2010-Customs dated 19.2.2010 for Commonwealth Games, 2010 – regarding.
Sir / Madam,
Attention is invited to Board Circular No.26/2010-Customs dated 9.08.2010 wherein it was clarified that benefit under the Notification No.13/2010- Customs for import of specified goods for Commonwealth Games, 2010 will not be extended to vendors/ sub vendors/ Contractors appointed by Organising Committee of the Commonwealth Games, (OC, CWG) 2010.
2. The Government has now issued Notification No.84/2010-Customs dated 27.08.2010 making amendments in the Notification No.13/2010–Customs dated 19.02.2010 to include suppliers / contractors / vendors or sub vendors of OC, CWG, in the list of eligible importers. Similarly, the suppliers/ contractors/ vendors or sub vendors of the Prasar Bharti or of the broadcasting right holders have also been included as eligible importers in case of specified goods under the said notification.
3. Accordingly, it is clarified that suppliers / contractors / vendors or sub vendors of OC, CWG, the Prasar Bharti or of the broadcasting right holders will also be eligible for benefit of the said Notification i.e. Notification No. 13/2010-Customs dated 19.02.2010, as amended by Notification No.84/2010-Customs dated 27.08.2010.
4. It is also clarified that in case of imports by supplier / contractors / vendors or sub vendors of the OC, CWG, Prasar Bharti or of the broadcasting right holders, as the case may be, the OC, CWG or PrasarBharti will furnish an undertaking in term of Notification No.13/2010-Customs dated 19.02.2010 as amended by Notification No.84/2010-Customs dated 27.08.2010. This undertaking ensures adherence to the conditions of the said Notification and in the event of failure to do so, OC, CWG or Prasar Bharti, as the case may be, will pay the duty on the imported goods.
5. Notification No.84/2010-Customs dated 27.08.2010 has also expanded the list of specified goods allowed duty free imports against Sl.Nos.1 and 2 of Notification No.13/2010-Customs dated 19.02.2010.
6. Board’s Circular No.26/2010-Customs dated 09.08.2010 and Circular No. 28/2010-Customs dated 13.08.2010 stand modified to the above extent.
7. Suitable Public Notice / Standing Order may be issued for wide publicity and to guide trade and field officials.
8. Difficulty faced, if any, may be brought to notice of the Board.
( R. P. Singh )