The last date to file GST Annual Return for FY 2017-18, is the 31st of January 2020. Taxpayers are dealing with certain issues to file their Annual Return. In the meanwhile, the GSTN shared certain steps that have been taken by the government to simplify the filing of Annual Returns. Here is what the GSTN shared:
Simplifications made in Form GSTR-9 (2):
• Entire ITC reversal (as per Rule 37, 39, 42, 43 & Sec 17 (5)) can be reported in Table 7H.
• Reversal on a/c of TRAN-1 (Table 7F) and TRAN-2 (Table 7G) to be reported separately in respective tables.
• Tables 12, 13, 15 to 18 now made optional.
• Option to upload other ITC related information in Tables 8A to 8D, duly signed in pdf format in GSTR-9C without CA certification.
Changes in Filing Requirements Form GSTR 9 & 9C:
• The filing made optional for Aggregate Turnover (PAN-based) up to Jaz 2 Crore. (calculated from 1st July, 2017 to 31. March, 2018, for FY 2017-18)
• The simplifications notified in Form GSTR-9 and Form GSTR-9C effective only for FY 2017-18 and 2018-19
• For FY 2017-18, the last date for filing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C extended to 31st Jan, 2020.
• For FY 2018-19, the last date for filing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C extended to 31st March, 2020.
Simplifications made in Form GSTR-9 (1):
• In Tables 4B to 4E and 5A to SF, taxpayers given an option to fill details net of CN, DN and amendments.
• Option to fill exempt, NIL rated and Non GST supplies on consolidated basis in Table 5D.
• ITC bifurcation into inputs, capital goods and input services made optional. Can be reported in inputs row only.
• ITC related to RCM goods from Registered and Unregistered can be merged and reported in Table 6D.
Simplifications made in GSTR 9C:
• Not mandatory to attach cash flow statement.
• Instead of 'True & Correct' opinion Auditor required to give 'True & Fair' opinion.
• Table 14 made optional.
• Option provided not to fill 'ITC booked in previous FY claimed in current FY; and, ITC booked in current FY to be claimed in next FY', in Table 12.
• Option provided not to fill unbilled revenue, unadjusted advances & other entries in Table 5. Any adjustments requiring reporting can be entered in Table 5 0.
Do you think the initiatives taken by the government are helping you to file the complexities of the system?Tags : GST