About the President
CMA Biswarup Basu has been elected as President of the Institute for the period 2020-2021.
- CMA Biswarup Basu is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India and an alumnus of South Point High School, Kolkata.
- He started his Professional career in 1985 as Management Trainee in a Multinational Company of repute and thereafter joined Bharat Coking Coal Limited in 1988 as Finance Officer. Subsequently he joined a wholly owned company of Government of West Bengal in a Senior Position where he served for 29 years. He has a total stint of 34 years of Industrial exposure.
- He was elected to the Central Council of the Institute for the term 2015 – 2019 as Central Council Member of the Institute.
- He served the profession as the Chairman of Members’ Services & Facilities Committee (2015-16 & 2016-17), Journal & Publications Committee (2017-18) & Members in Industry Committee (2018-19). During his tenure he has taken several initiatives that would increase the scope and development of the profession.
- Additionally, he was member of the Finance Committee in the year 2015-16 and member of the Examination Committee for year 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.
- He had the privilege of serving the profession as a Member of the Eastern India Regional Council (EIRC) for 3 terms viz.1995-98, 1998-2001, 2004-2007 in various capacities; as Treasurer (1995-96 & 1996-97), Secretary (1996-97 & 1997-98) and Vice Chairman during the period 2000-01.
- He has been re-elected to the Central Council for the term 2019-23.
About the Vice President -
CMA P.Raju Iyer has been elected as Vice President of the Institute for the period 2020-2021.
- CMA P. Raju Iyer was the Central Council Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India for the year 2015-19 and 2019-23 and Chairman, Internal Auditing and Assurance Standards Board from July 2019-20. He was a Treasurer, Samskar Bharathi, Chennai Metro. Founder and Convenor, Chennai West Study Circle of Institute of Company Secretaries of India – 2011-12. And Convenor of Taxation Forum, CII, Tamil Nadu – 2010-11.
- CMA P. Raju Iyer is a Practicing Cost Accountant from the year 2000 and also an Insolvency Professional. He is a Corporate Trainer on Strategy, Cost Management, Finance for Non-Finance Executives. He is also a Guest Faculty to MMA, CII, and other Associations, Visiting Faculty to Professional Institutions, Business Schools, and Faculty for ACCA and CIMA.
- He has over thirty years of Experience as a Professional Accountant in Sundaram Finance Ltd, Avanti Leathers Ltd, and in the Republic of Maldives – State Trading Organization, Air Maldives, and Allied Insurance Company of Maldives. He holds expertise in the following industries: Automobile, Airline, Insurance, Trading, Tourism, Sugar, Paper, Cement, Leather, Batteries, Pharmaceuticals, Tools, etc.