The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
20th June, 2020
1. In continuation to Important Announcement dated 15th June 2020, in which students (who had already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination cycle) were given the “Opt Out” option and carry forward their candidature to next examination i.e. November, 2020 examination cycle from 17th June 2020 (Wednesday) 11 AM Onwards to 20th June 2020 (Saturday) upto 11.59 PM; accordingly this correction window will close today midnight.
2. In view of feedback received from the students who have already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination, the Examination Committee in its meeting held today considered the requests of students for allowance of some more time for exercising the Opt-Out option decided to extend the said window only till 27th June 2020 meaning thereby that the option to change centre will close from today midnight as already announced.
3. Therefore, students who at their own will decide of availing “Opt Out” option and wish to carry forward their candidature to next examination i.e. November, 2020 examination cycle may apply for opt out option & submit a declaration online available at https://icaiexam.icai.org latest by 27th June 2020 till 11.59 PM and accordingly a fresh window will open again valid for opt out only on 21st June 2020 at 11 AM.
4. On successful submission of declaration form online towards para 2 and 3 above, candidature of the student for May 2020 Examination Cycle will be cancelled and he/she will be shifted to the next Examination Cycle. Students may note that Option for “Opt out” once taken will be treated as final and no request for its change will be entertained under any circumstances.
5. The Candidates are advised to note the above and stay in touch with the website of the Institute, www.icai.org.
(S. K. Garg)
Additional Secretary (Exams)