On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium for appearing in CA examinations
An on-line facility, for making requests for change of Centre/Group/Medium for appearing in CA exams is in place since May 2015 examination and onwards.
This facility was hitherto available to the candidates in two sessions, as follows:
1. Correction Window I, (open for about a week), where candidates can make such requests without payment of any fee, soon after the last date for submission of online exam forms with late fee closes, i.e. before issue of admit cards.
2. Correction Window II, where candidates can make such requests, for a fee of Rs 1000/- after issue of admit cards, subject to certain guidelines in place.
This facility was made available, with a view to provide an opportunity to the candidates to correct errors, if any, committed by them while submitting the examination application form, in the fields of Centre/Group/Medium.
Details in respect of the facility are contained in the announcement dated 2nd February 2015 hosted on www.icai.org.
It is hereby informed that it has now been decided to discontinue the on-line facility of Correction Window II, i.e. the window through which candidates could make requests for change of centre/Group/medium for a fee, which opens after issue of admit cards.
In other words, candidates would henceforth not be able to seek change of centre/Group/medium through Correction Window II for a fee, after issue of admit cards.
However, Correction Window I facility will continue to be available. Candidates can continue to submit their requests for change of centre/group/medium through the Correction Window I, without payment of any fee as per dates hosted under 'Important Dates' on https://icaiexam.icai.org
Procedural details of the facility are reproduced herein-below:
1. Manual applications seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium will not be entertained.
2. The on-line window for seeking change of Centre/Group/Medium will made available at https://icaiexam.icai.org
3. Candidates will be able to see the reflection of changes sought and accepted in their admit cards
4. A candidate while applying for change of Centre/Group/Medium through the online facility as mentioned above, will be required to apply thru his/her dashboard
5. Candidates are permitted to correct errors if any, including Centre/Group/Medium/Syllabus/Elective paper opted, etc., in the data hosted, when the 'Correction Window I ' is open.
6. Candidates will also be permitted to change the Group opted, i.e., from single Group to both Groups and the Centre opted, i.e., from an Indian Centre to Overseas Centre and pay the differential examination fee online through the payment gateway, through the 'Correction Window-I' .
7. A change may include change of Centre/Zone/Group/Medium/Syllabus/Elective paper either jointly or severally but only one application for change/s will be accepted for one registration number/login.
8. This facility is available free of cost.
9. The candidate will be required to upload scanned copy of a handwritten/typed application for change of Centre/Group/Medium/Syllabus/elective paper duly signed by him.
10. If a candidate has made an error in choosing the correct syllabus, while submitting his exam form it can be corrected through this window. However, this is not a platform for seeking Course conversion from Old to New syllabus. For conversion from Old Syllabus to New Syllabus, candidates are required to apply separately through the procedure already in place at the ssp portal.
11. Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen. It is made clear here that successful submission of request does not mean that the request has been approved.
12. Admit cards will be issued to the candidates who apply through this 'Correction Window', after incorporating the changes sought.
13. Applications for changes sought shall be permitted only once. Once a candidate submits his option for a change, he cannot go back to his earlier choice or seek another change.
14. Candidates who wish to change the Group in which they would like to appear in the exam, pursuant to passing of the Group already applied for, under verification carried out under Regulation 39(4) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations 1988, may do so, by sending an e-mail, attaching, scanned copy of a hand written request giving complete details. Details of the exam wise email addresses are given below. However, no claim for refund of exam fee already paid, arising out of such requests will be entertained under any circumstances.
Norms governing the change of Centre/Group/Medium, through the 'Correction Window-I' :
1. Change of City/Zone will be permitted subject to administrative exigencies and cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
2. Change of examination from one city to another city or change of zone from one zone to another zone within the same city, change of Group or change of medium will generally be considered.
3. In the case of multi zone cities, it will be the endeavour of the Institute to allot the candidates to examination centres (i.e. schools/colleges) in the zones which they have opted in the examination application form. However, Institute shall be at liberty to shift the candidates to centres (i.e schools/colleges) in a zone other than the zone opted, in the same city, in case of shortage of accommodation in the zone opted for or on account of any other administrative exigencies.
No change of centre/zone/group/medium will be considered after issue of admit cards, under any circumstances. There will be No Correction Window -II (With Fees).
The above arrangement will be effective for submission of examination application forms relating to November 2019 examination and onwards.
Candidates are advised to take note of the above provisions carefully and act accordingly. For any clarifications in this regard, candidate may write to
- Final Candidates : email@example.com
- Intermediate(IPC)/Intermediate candidates : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundation exam: email@example.com
Examination DepartmentTags : Students