Announcement - ICAI International Study Tour to Australia from 7th-14th November 2010
The Australia and India have enjoyed a special bonding in terms of their move to a regional economic operation and in terms of services sector in general and accountancy sector in particular. Both countries share common cultural and linguistic ties as both are part of the Commonwealth of Nations. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has recently signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia (ICAA). These MoUs will provide an ample opportunity and recognition to Indian Chartered Accountants in Australia.
In order to promote member to member and firm to firm contact so as to under stand the economic and regulatory environment and better understanding of the economic opportunities and to tap the vast market existing for Chartered Accountants in Australia; the International Affairs Committee of ICAI will be undertaking the tour to selected cities of Australia during November 2010 for members, on self financing basis. The Study Tour is a mix of business meetings / net working towards coupled with exposition to the local heritage .
The study tour would seek to hold discussions with counterpart organizations, stakeholders, members etc. and will have the following basic objectives:-
- Build sustainable capacity by providing participants an opportunity to see and interact with various officials in respective countries
- Facilitate understanding and steps towards networking of the accounting firms in India and respective countries
- Seek association for the research and developmental activities of the Institute in different fields
- Discuss the issues of qualification and ways to facilitate cooperation at firm level
- Develop an understanding to help trade and industry in the respective countries and facilitate inter-country trade and investment
Since, the delegation size would be limited to 50, registration for the study tour would be on first-come-first-serve basis. The detailed itinerary for the study tour is being finalized and shall be intimated in due course to the confirmed participants. A tentative itinerary as it stands today and which is subject to change is also annexed hereto. This would include the following -
- Economy Class Airfare with applicable taxes Ex- New Delhi.
- Visa cost
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis in 4 star hotels or similar
- All meals (Indian) : Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- All transfers by private A/C coach
- Sight seeing activities in cities of Australia
- Cost of all entrance tickets / fees for the above mentioned sightseeing tours.
- Services of local tour guide.
- All current applicable Hotel & Government Taxes
Further details shall be uploaded in the website of ICAI
For further details, please contact: Secretariat of the International Affairs Committee, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, PB No. 7100, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002, India. Ph +91 11 30110443 fax +91 11 30110591, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org