Wrong Payment of tax

Income tax is 10000
Interest u/s 234A is 2000
Therefore, Total tax payable is 12000

While creating Challan I entered the entire 12000 as tax amount
Instead of entering 10000 as tax amount and 2000 as interest amount.

What are the consequence of this mistake?
Replies (9)
Quick Summary
A user mistakenly entered the total tax payable amount in the tax section of their challan, instead of splitting it between tax and interest. They were concerned about the consequences and potential double payment. Other users reassured them that the tax authorities would likely adjust this automatically, or that a separate challan for the interest could be issued without issue.

Pay with another challan with interest amount
I already paid 12000..
If I create another Challan for interest I would be paying 14000 in total.
I think no problem will happen if you have paid 12000 rupees
Ok thank you
I think it will be automatically adjusted in 143{1A} . don't bother
Oh ok thanks
Do not worry. Challan will be accepted and treated as per tax liability.
Ok thank you
Your welcome

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details