Wrong / Mistake Return filed under section selected

Hi All,

I am salaried person and have no other source of income other than salary.

Also this was my first time when I was filling ITRV by myself (2013-14).

All my tax is already deducted and company had already provided Form-16 for the same.

Mistake Done

While filling the ITRV I have selected wrong "Return filed under section". I have selected "u/s 142(1). {The correct section which I should have select is 139(1)} and uploaded the ITRV.

The ITRV was filled before 31 July 2013.

Communication

After few days I got a communication email

“The Income Tax Department- Centralized Processing Centre (ITD-CPC), Bangalore is not in a position to

proceed with the e-return filed by you, details of which are indicated above. The return is transferred to

Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (in AST) processing of which is to be done by the Jurisdictional Assessing

Officer who may be contacted for further clarifications if any. In order to know your current jurisdictional

Assessing Officer (AO) you may log on to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on "Know Jurisdiction"

under "SERVICES" menu.”

 

Action/Steps Taken

Therefore I have cross checked all the data to verify and came to know about my mistake (which is mention above under Mistake done).

So I have again filled REVICE RETURN (Revised 139(5)) with all the correct information and uploaded.

 

Please let me know the Action/Steps Taken by me are correct or not.

IF NOT, Please let me know how I should move ahead.

Thanks In Advance

 

 

Replies (2)

i would like to tell you that get in touch with your A.O and tell him the issue and state him that you have already filed the revised return.and the return filed by should have been ITR 1 or ITR 2 depending on your status.And ITR V is just the acknowledgement which you send to the CPC in case u dont have a digital signature.

Regards

Pratik

i would like to tell you that get in touch with your A.O and tell him the issue and state him that you have already filed the revised return.and the return filed by should have been ITR 1 or ITR 2 depending on your status.And ITR V is just the acknowledgement which you send to the CPC in case u dont have a digital signature.

Regards

Pratik

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details