Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wroing assessment year tds challan


wrong assessment mention in tds challan(instade on 2016-17-2015-16) can i consider this challan for tds return 

 5 Replies

S. Shiroor (Others) (1202 Points)
Replied 12 October 2015

Go to TDs AO of your area and give an application for rectification. Within seven days you can rectify online I think.

Shashank Upadhyay (Students) (288 Points)
Replied 12 October 2015

Any correction in challan can be made by contacting the bank in which such tds challan is deposited within 7 days. Though aftet 7 days, an application need to be filed with the A.O. Requesting to make corrections and same would be updated within 15 days of such application.
1 Like

Jaya prakash (Accounts & Finance Executive)   (45 Points)
Replied 12 October 2015

Hi you can consider for that challan for 2 nd quarter TDS Returns. Need not to go any assessing officer traces will accept for previous year challan if balance is available don't worry pls file u r returns

S. Shiroor (Others) (1202 Points)
Replied 13 October 2015

@ Jaya Prakash. Quarer is not wrong the assesment year is wrong. There is no option but to tell TDS AO.

Saurabh Vyas (Being CA) (21 Points)
Replied 14 October 2015

Yes! You can use this challan for this financial year. TDS-CPC provides us facility of adjusting unconsumed challans for any return period of a particular year say FY-2014-15 if challan is dated +1 or -1 year of that year i.e challans of FYs 2013-14 and 2016-17 can be used for adjustment in FY 2014-15. So, no need to go to A.O.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags