Writing exams after an year. plz help

Harish Swaminathan (Sr. Application Support Analyst)   (179 Points)

29 January 2012  

This is Harish from Chennai. My first attempt in CA Final exams (Old Syllabus) was back in Nov 08. I lost that attempt due to aggregate. Since then I have written 4 more attempts (till Nov 2010, all in old syllabus) and lost in all of them. Now I have both the groups pending and I didn't write the last 2 attempts, viz. May 2011 and Nov 2011. Now May 2012 will be my first attempt of CA Final in New Syllabus. Given below is the list of books followed by me for the exams -

Paper 1 - Accounts - MPV notes and work book. I attended his classes in 2007 and am still using the same book.

Paper 2 - SFM - Pattabiram notes and work book. Have an old edition of A.N. Sridhar's book which I used for last 2 attempts.

Paper 3 - Auditing - Padhuka's book.

Paper 4 - CLSP - Munish Bhandari (2008 edition)

Paper 5 - Costing and QT - Padhuka's book (attended SP's classes)

Paper 6 - MICS/ISCA - Study Material and MICS notes by Ranjith Jeyadevan (this book was recommended by my friend)

Paper 7 - DT - First 3 attempts Padhuka's book, Last 2 attempts T.N. Manoharan. (Am comfortable with TNM bcoz I used the same for CA Inter and in my last 2 attempts, have scored good marks with it)

Paper 8 - IDT - Book by K.Vaitheeswaran. (Have been using for all the attempts. Some of my friends suggest Sanjay Bangar's IDT book).

So can you suggest me some books to be followed in the new syllabus (paper wise) because I have been getting various ideas and not able to settle down with a good reference book?

As I am on leave, I am planning to start my preparations from first week of February for 10-12 hours a day and give a shot for all the 8 papers this attempt and come up triumphs. Also I am going to attend the rapid revision classes that is scheduled at the SIRC in the coming months. Is this preparation enough or do I need to do something extra.

Thanks to all in advance and ALL THE BEST FOR MY FELLOW STUDENTS who are going to attempt the May exams.