Why I Failed..!

CA.Pravinchandra (Executive (F&A)) (2387 Points)

31 January 2011  

After Results I was just thinking Where I gone wrong. Making lots and lots of evaluation  I realized  Blunders made by me  while preparing for Exams. I just thought of sharing my mistakes.

1)      Lack of Enthusiasm:

Many students feel uncomfortable with some unorthodox subjects like ISCA or Advanced Management Accounting. And I am too.., its really boring to read ISCA,

I just wanted to run away with chapters not making conceptual clarity. When you lost interest in Subject, then Presentation in exams is difficult and ultimately it fetched me 34 in exams even after hitting 90 marks.

Now, I know since ICAI included it in syllabus, no choices, we have to take interest and Study. It is like taking the “Medicines even though it tastes Bitter”.

2)      Leaving the Chapters:

And the Second Blunder I did was I left few Small topics in DT. Even I left Wealth Tax. You may get surprised why..? Every time when I was reading DT I just postponed Wealth Tax, thinking “let me read it next round,next round and next round”. That small mistake ended my DT paper with 36 marks. Finally ICAI told “Good, my Boy, read all 4 subs next time..!”.

-

3) Not Understanding the Questions.

Many times we  failed to understand what asked in question. In a race of 180 minutes  we just rushes through question and start writing what we know instead of what has been asked. I too did that sin and lost marks even  knowing right answer.

At the end  I fell short of 15 marks for magical 400 figure. Just imagine I would be filling my membership fees instead of exams fees. Many students fell like me just short of few marks. Well friends there is no space for IF’s and BUT’s. A small mistake in CA exams can make you “RUN OUT”.

On July 4, 1952, Florence Chadwick was on her way to becoming the first woman to swim the Catalina Channel. She had already conquered the English Channel. The world was watching. Chadwick fought the dense fog, bone-chilling cold and many times, the sharks. She was striving to reach the shore but every time she looked through her goggles, all she could see was the dense fog. Unable to see the shore, she gave up.

-

Chadwick was disappointed when she found out that she was only half a mile from the coast. She quit, not because she was a quitter but because her goal was not in sight anywhere. The elements didn't stop her. She said, "I'm not making excuses. If only I had seen the land, I could have made it."

-

Two months later, she went back and swam the Catalina Channel. This time, in spite of the bad weather, she had her goal in mind and not only accomplished it but beat the men's record by two hours.

Now, exactly I know where is my  Finishing Line. I will fight again and  fight till Victory.

God Bless You All.

With Regadrs.