Why i am getting refund back?

Below are my ITR detail in brief:

1. Income from Salary: 5,97,966

2. 80C deduction: 1,00,000

3. Taxable Income from Salary:  4,97,970

4. Total Tax deducted: 30,961

5. TDS deducted on Income other then Salary (FD): 3,476

6. Total Tax Paid: 34,437

Now when I click Calculate Tax on ITR 1 form, it says Refund: Rs 3,750

My question is why I am getting refund back of 3,750. (though it is good I am getting back, but I am confused).

Please help! 

 

Replies (5)

Please include Interest Income ( on FD ) underthe head income from other sources and then check.

 

Dev u r nt showing Intt. on FD under income from other sources that why it is refunding tds on income other than salary alongwith its intt. thereon.

Thanks Syed & Varsha,

Now Refund is 0 sad

But Tax Payable is: 3,200

It means they have included the FD interest under 20% slab. 

But as much I know Bank interest can only be 10% (if PAN is specified) independent of person's income tax slab.

Please le me know if I am wrong.

 

Your TI after interest income exceeds 5L making you fall in 20% slab. The bankhjas rightly deducted @ 10% under section 194A. Therefore the balance 10% is payable by you alongwith education cess.

 

Thanks Dipjyoti for the reply,

but what if I don't show my FD interest in ITR 1 form in order to save that extra 10% tax. Will it cause any trouble later ?

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details