Easy Office

Whether Big firm or Small firm

Page no : 2

CA Madhukiran Reddy (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (12714 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

Originally posted by : monika

balu sir it means i shud leave my small firm were there is no audit of companies or so much of work ...

Its Just a suggestion....

In My opinion it is useless to do in the small firms where there is no audit exposure.....

Neither you will get audit experience nor office work...

Its better to join in a medium firm

1 Like

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

If in small firms have diff kinds of clients where you can gain knowledge, exposure and different kinds of work then it’s not a problem. But if don’t get good exposure and diff kinds of works then it’s good to choose some good firms where u can get good exposure. From now itself if you get good exposure and knowledge then it will help lot to your future job prospectus. In exams also they are asking related to more practical question so its good to get good exposure…

Not a problem if you have joined already in small firm, if have joined recently then u can change on a year, but if you have joined long back then don’t break your head just try to get exposure from your boss or from your friends where they working in good firms or CCI is there with you always to help in every step.

Just work hard and make yourself the best.

Best of luck

Regards

Balu

1 Like

lakshay (ipcc) (581 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

i think only those people criticise big 4 jinke khud ki bas ki ni hoti..

big 4 is a big exposure..n abt hectic hours ..once u become ca u have to work for long hours..

and ca attempts doesnt affect much of ur salary package if u have big 4 behind u

1 Like

Krunal Raichura (Financial Advisory) (2134 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

If you are interested in CA practice go ahead with a small/mid size firm.

If you want to do a job or business (excluding CA practice), go for a big 4.

Besides money, you will get adapted to the corporate world/culture. You get an opportunity for networking as well. The big 4 brand works well out in the market, but dont forget to establish your own brand as well.

The questions posted in the latter part of the post by Surendra sir are very important. One needs to clearly define what he wants to do and why. Else, one would end up working too hard (doing CA) for something which can be achieved more easily.

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

Agreed with Lakshay. 

Big four is suitable to those who wish to work  for 24 hours. 

If one wishes to join such firms where all types of facilities are readily available; then why not to join ?

And  :

You need not have Indian Culture at all to live your life.

( Multinationals are going successful in breaking Indian Heritage this way ).

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15533 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

Realy true surendra sir.smile.

CA Khushboo Agrawal (CA ) (1811 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

agree with surendra sir n balu sir

Sanjeev Sandh (Senior Manager - Audit) (309 Points)
Replied 25 April 2011

There is no universal answer to this question.

In my 27 years of CA, I have worked in a Big 4 as well as a mid-sized firm post qualification, and have done Articleship in a mid-sized firm.

Personally, I would say that the best option is to go to a mid-sized firm.

If possible, go to a firm that has or had a Partner who was in the Central Council. Reason: nobody in the Central Council is likely to have a lousy private practice. (My articleship firm had a Institute President and the other mid-sized firm where I worked has 1 past President, 1 past Council Member and one current Council Member.)

A mid-sized firm will be a firm with 8 to 18 partners (this a broad parameter).

Good luck !!

1 Like

Manoj jain (Intern) (535 Points)
Replied 26 April 2011

I would like to share my  experience which I hv got in Big4s till nw...

for being an article in Big4  you hv to sacrifice for smthng.. nd tht smthng is ur stdies itself... nd tht has to be managed by anyways.. 

no doubt ur would get an grt work exposure..  but that could only be in one line of Service..

but once u hv through ur articleship nd cleared finals u would be having nice jobs opportunity in front of you..

So overall i would say.. there might sm difficulties or you might face some hectic schedule during ur articleship..u might hv to miss ur lectures.. but ultimately the result will be fruitful.. when u complete ur artclshp and ur confidence wil be at top...!!!! 

1 Like

Madhusudan Kabra (knowledge seeker) (1779 Points)
Replied 09 May 2011

Please refere the below written link : 

/articles/a-special-post-for-all-of-those-whose-cleared-ca-ipcc-8637.asp

I posted an article few days before on the same topic ....hope it might be usefull. 

Regards

Madhusudan

shruti (ca) (23 Points)
Replied 10 May 2011

hello sir.i am shruti from kanpur.....

i have the same confusion....whether i shoud work in big four or any medium sized......

i am willing to work and learn good experiences....

but the problem arises when the coachings go unmanageable as articles of big firm have really less time to sudy.......

is it better to work in a medium sized firm and complete my CA earliest possible....and then i can enroll for job in big four.????

Madhusudan Kabra (knowledge seeker) (1779 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Dear Shruti,

Just read out my Article and disscussion held in this forum between CCI'ties....... Your doubt will be cleared.

Madhusudan

mallesh@live.com (mallesh@live.com) (25 Points)
Replied 18 June 2011

I am new to CA....what are there big 4 firms?????

Krishna Bansal (Tax and Finance Consultant)   (53 Points)
Replied 21 June 2011

sir i joined ipcc-1 ......i hav to do a buisness in my city after my ca....i am willin to do practice in a medim firm in my city.....that firm is leading ca firm in our city.....so i should go for that firm or in any big firm..!!!????

varshil (ipcc) (46 Points)
Replied 01 August 2015

How to apply in Big 4 Mumbai - Congratulations on your success. Having accomplished this milestone, you step into the real world. We guide you how to go about it. The Big Four's! Let's get started- The Big four firms offers opportunities in the following: Transfer pricing (Taxation of MNC's having branches in more than one country) & International taxation (NRI) Direct taxation Indirect taxation Statutory Audit Internal Audit / Risk (Easiest to Get) (This is the usual order of preference among applicants - The highest are keen to apply in transfer pricing which is considered having the best exposure & highest pays due to complex intellectual valuation work) Let's get to know what Transfer pricing is - MNC's have branches in different countries. The company is incorporated in one country & operates / does business in another country. When one branch provides services to another branch, an appropriate cost should be determined for the debit of profit & loss account for tax purpose. The job is to relate / benchmark this transaction to one that would have happened if two parties were unrelated. This is how you would value the transaction. International taxation is determining the residential status of NRI & related taxation services. How to apply: there are usually four in takes. On the weekdays, there are personal technical interviews conducted. If you did not receive a call after forwarding your CV, just the way I didn't, I went to their office on a saturday. There were open interviews conducted - for those who hadn't applied. Though long ques, you are assured of the interview conducted in a fair way. The usual interview rounds include - The aptitude test - if you've given the scholarship or the asset exam in school or know the logical questions in form of MCQ where you've to find the father son age based on equation given or the sequence you have to fill up based on the alphabetical series given. We give you a list of these questions & 'technique' to solve in our BIG 4 articleship interview training sessions (conducted in Mumbai Surat Ahmedabad Baroda) , Register whatsapp 9969637888 , But to practice a few, see the MBA entrance logic math English grammar GK questions. The group discussion - topics could include news matter or general topics. Prepare well for the popular ones. These include - retail FDI, e-commerce, privatization, reservations, brain drain, indian vs western culture, privatization of higher education, engineers doing MBA - national waste? Internet & television - idiot box / useful recourse? Coke Pepsi - driven out? HR tip - Be firm, yet be soft spoken. We help you polish for likely topics in our BIG 4 articleship interview training sessions (conducted in Mumbai Surat Ahmedabad Baroda) but to get the general sense, Register whatsapp 9969637888. The personal one to one HR interview - the filtered candidates are screened & asked why do you want to get in here. Here meaning the firm, the field (audit / tax). A common sure shot question is to tell about yourself. Do not fall into the trap into being carried away by personal unrelated matter. We help you answer these questions in our BIG 4 articleship interview training sessions. (conducted in Mumbai Surat Ahmedabad Baroda) but to get the general sense, Register whatsapp 9969637888. The technical interview - short listed for the HR round takes you to the technical round where again in a one to one, the interviewer would ask you factual questions related to audit / tax depending on what you have selected. Say for example, if its audit - questions about accounting standard on depreciation / work's contract are the interviewer's favorite. We help you prepare for tricky questions in our BIG 4 articleship interview training sessions (conducted in Mumbai Surat Ahmedabad Baroda) but to get the general sense, Register whatsapp 9969637888. The Partner's round: the big fours are limited liability partnerships where there are numerous & numerous partners. The questions here are broad based depending on the feedback by other interviewers. Partner would want to know about your personality & leadership skills. It is a broad based discussion but try to be to the point. We help you polish for these higher level discussions in our BIG 4 articleship interview training sessions (conducted in Mumbai Surat Ahmedabad Baroda) but to get the general sense, Register whatsapp 9969637888. Where to go? EY - Contact HR Aksh*ta, Ruby, Dadar west (towards Matunga), Aksh*ta - 02261920092 ; Reception - +912261920000 Deloitte - Contact HR Nivedita, Indiabulls Finance Center, Elphistone road west / parel (towards Dadar) Nivedita - 02261855049 ; Reception - +912261854000 KPMG - Contact HR Sanil, Lodha Lower Parel / Mahalaxmi, Lower Parel East (towards Mahalaxmi) +912239896000 PwC - Audit - Contact HR Nimi, Dadar West, near mayors Bunglow Shivaji park 02266691332 Tax - Contact Ranjita Bandra west toward Talav 02266891871; 02266891543 Get trained to get recruited - Big 4 Articleship Interview Training sessions in Mumbai - Register immediately after results - limited seats - whatsapp 9969637888 Concluding remarks - It is preferable that both groups cleared apply for statutory audit / tax. One group cleared can take a chance to apply for the Internal Audit. Be keen to show the interviewer that you are willing to work hard, sit till late, slog, permanently work in the industry, follow the related news like tax treaties & pacts, wouldn't need much leaves nor would mind out station audits. Thanks for your time, V D Shah CFA Coaching Mumbai 9969637888 

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=185541&offset=9

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro