What's wrong with IGNOU???

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)

01 March 2013  

Here’s my B.com (A&F) Marks’ Sheet.

Course Code

Asgn1

Term End Theory

Status

AED01

Completed

ECO13

Completed

EEG04

Completed

FEG01

Completed

FEG02

Completed

FST01

Completed

I was astonished, surprised, thrilled, mesmerized and shocked, when I saw this result. I was literally awe-struck. Because, I thought I did pretty good in Assignments and didn’t do that well in Term End Exams. But the result was a total contrast. Particularly, I want to share my experience regarding FST01 (Fundamentals of Science and Technology). This was one of the most troublesome subjects I ever had in my life. It contained a very diverse range of so many complicated topics like Nano-Technology, Copernican Revolution, Radio Carbon Dating, Sensing methods for exploration, etc. And in the exam, even I’m not sure what I had written (as I didn’t prepare at all). I wrote only rubbish in the exam. I just wrote some non-sense. And for that, they awarded me 54%. Whereas in the assignments, when I did so much of hard work by collecting various material from the net, some reference books, etc for promptly answering the questions (as they informed that in case just copied and pasted from the University’s study material, marks won’t be given; infact, a zero will be awarded is what they mentioned in the prospectus), they gave just 45%. (This is the case with all the six subjects). Also I thought I did reasonably well in ECO-13 Term End Exam, but they gave 36%. Not sure what happened there!!!

I just can’t understand what’s going on with  IGNOU. I get a doubt if they are even doing any valuation or just putting some number bluntly to the answers. Non-sence is going on with IGNOU!!! And dammit they say it has over 35 lakh students and it’s the best open University in India. I seriously doubt, if there is any validity in this statement. One should base his point on quality and not on quantity in order to judge something as “best”.

What I wanna convey by all this, is that I’m terribly upset with IGNOU. Anyways, on the other hand I’m happy that I'm done with my graduation and I’m now Shrikant Yadav, B.com.

Please give your views........