What kind of company I need to have

I have got a project recently. I will be providing IT managerial services for an India company but my employer (Corp to Corp) is in UK. Iam supposed to work as a freelancer through my own company in India. I will get paid from UK on a monthly basis so Should I file for a GST kind of a service company or service tax based service company. What kind of Company I need to have. How do I register online for a company and how do I pay taxes. Any sort of direction and web links will help.

Replies (1)

Summary: You do not need to register a "company" to begin; you can invoice as a sole proprietor. GST registration is mandatory if you exceed ₹20 lakh in annual turnover, but you may choose to register voluntarily to benefit from "zero-rated" export status via an LUT. Ensure you maintain proper invoices and Foreign Inward Remittance Certificates (FIRC) for all payments from your UK client.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details