What is the income tax limit for an individual who is below the age of 60 years in india?

Hi Friends!

I have a doubt, its not my doubt. But it's a doubt of my friend who asked me for suggestion. I am a CS Professional student and I have many of my friends who are doing CA Final. I raised the question to them also, but I received mixed answers. As I am feeling shy to ask towards my faculties, I am asking this in a Public Forum.

Scenario 1: I am an IT professional (22) and I am working in a small company which is owned by my friend. I am receiving Rs.37500 p.m. as take home salary in cash. I have not filed IT returns so far. I have don't have income from other sources.  Do I need to file IT returns ?

Scenario 2: What's the limit for not filing IT returns if salary is received in cash?

Kindly do take a minute or so to answer my query. Thanks in advance.

Replies (10)
3,00,000
I heard that upto 4,50,000 it's optional to file IT returns it seems. Is it true? Moreover what are the consequences if it's not disclosed as salary is received in cash.

as you are getting salary in cash whether form 16 will u get?

Actually he should get form 16, but he has not received it seems and employer has not deducted TDS on his salary. This situation seems to be quite hypothetical. That's why I've listed here.

thanks          

Don try to put such query on open forum. Thanks

If you are an honest taxpayer, you are getting your salary in cash - You must disclose the actual amount in ITR 1, and accordingly, you are eligible for tax according to your tax slab. 

You fall into 5% up to 5 Lakhs slab for AY 2019-20

 

1) Firstly toh the payment to you of rs. 37500 p.m should not be done on a single day as there is a monetary limit of 10000 of payment to a single person in a day...
2) Yes you have to file return if your income exceeds the basic exemption limit of 2,50,000 which in m ur case is exceeding........

if employer issue form 16

then ITR 1

Otherwise ITR 4

The current income tax limit for an Employed individual who is below the age of 60 years in India is 5 Lakh per year (5,00,00,0). 

However before Interim budget Feb 2019 this limit was 2,50,000 Rs. per year. Although the person who is in job whose salary is more than 5 Lakh like 6 or 7 lakh, can claim income tax benefits under section 80C, section 80D, sec 24 etc. as per income tax act of India.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details