CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

CIBIL

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is the due date file TDS return pending for the month of March?

yash varshney (Pro)     07 April 2020

yash varshney
Pro 
 10 likes  215 points

| My Other Post

I have a query if the March month tds can be deposited till 30th June, when can one file tds return for the same as return due date is 30th May... Will there be late filling fees of Rs 200/- day as the Tds has been deposited on 30th June?

Mandakulathur Ananthanarayanan   07 April 2020

Mandakulathur Ananthanarayanan

10 likes  176 points

View Profile | My Other Post

There is no extension for payment of March month TDS. Due date still remains at April 30, 2020. However, where TDS is paid after the due date, instead of existing penal interest rate of 1% p.m (12% p.a), a lower rate of 0.75%(9% p.a) will have to be paid.

However, TDS returns can be filed till June 30, 2020 without any late fees

1 Like
avater

yash varshney (Pro)     07 April 2020

yash varshney
Pro 
 10 likes  215 points

Is there any notification for the Tds return?

Mandakulathur Ananthanarayanan   07 April 2020

Mandakulathur Ananthanarayanan

10 likes  176 points

It is based on the ordinance passed recently. You can access through this link

https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=200868

avater

Sujit Talukder (service)     07 April 2020

Sujit Talukder
service 
 24 likes  714 points

Due Dates for Action based compliances like filing of TDS return has been expressly extended to June 30, 2020 by the Taxation and other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020. Refer section 3(1) of the Taxation and other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020 

Hence once the due date gets extended, there is no question of late fees u/s 234E. This waiver of late fees is consequential.

Read the Taxation and other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020 here-

https://www.taxcorner.co.in/2020/04/govt-notifies-taxation-and-other-laws-relaxation-of-certain-provisions-ordinance-2020.H T M L 

avater

Vaishali Dhek (Assistant Editor)     18 April 2020

Vaishali Dhek
Assistant Editor 
 154 likes  2321 points

Due date to file TDS Return has been extended to 30th June 2020. The Ordinance 2020 read, "Due dates for issue of notice, intimation, notification, approval order, sanction order, filing of appeal, furnishing of return, statements, applications, reports, any other documents and time limit for completion of proceedings by the authority and any compliance by the taxpayer including investment in saving instruments or investments for roll over benefit of capital gains under Income Tax Act, Wealth Tax Act, Prohibition of Benami Property Transaction Act, Black Money Act, STT law, CTT Law, Equalization Levy law, Vivad Se Vishwas law where the time limit is expiring between 20th March 2020 to 29th June 2020 shall be extended to 30th June 2020."

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
companies act 2013
VAT
tin nsdl
esic
gst