What can i do with reserves?

I have a small private limited company established few years ago. As of previous year-end, I had around 20 lacs as Reserves and Surplus. I will not need to invest this money in business. Can I just spend some of it on personal stuff? If I want to take it out, will I have to pay it out to directors as dividend and pay DDT on it? Any other option?

Thanks. 

Replies (3)

For any amount withdrawn out of the company will be taxed as dividends and the company will have to deduct CDT @ 15% on the same.

 

https://knowyourtaxation.blogspot.com/

Dear Jayesh yes you can take it out by declaring dividend in the year. You have to pay ddt on it which is currently 15% + 10% surcharge + 3% cess= 16.995%.

Thanks for the replies.

So, as I understand - there is absolutely no way to escape DDT.

My other question was - can the reserves be utilized for personal use - like family vacation? 

For example, if my current FY income is 20 lacs and expense are 15 lacs. I will pay tax on 5 lacs gross profit. Now, can I use this year's post-tax profit or prior years accumalated profits for a familiy vacation?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details