Vat registration delay

Suppose I am doing business from last 3 years an it is not crossed the T.O limit of vat registration of Rs.5 lacs. But in the 2010-11 I have notices that my sales cross the 5 lcas i.e total 10 lacs sale. Now I am plan to go for registration. So what impact will come on me while geting registration.

1) I am liable for pay tax for the above Rs.5 lacs (not collected from the party) with Interest?

2) If payable then shell I get any administrative Relief the from the Dept? (what is procedure for relief)

3) any good sugestion from you?

PLEASE ADVICE WHAT I WILL DO?

HELP ME URGENT

regards

mahendra

Replies (1)

Hi Mahendra,

You have crossed the limit of Rs.5lacs & hence it is mandatory to register with the Sales Tax Authority. You have to pay the Tax & Interest amount on & above Rs.5Lacs from your own pocket.

Plz refer the new circular of Administrative Relief which was issued in Year 2010.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details