Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA Mayank Tulsyan (B.Com(H), ACA)     30 January 2015

Using ACA before membership

Hello,

I have recently cleared my CA Finals in Nov2014. I am aware of the fact that i cannot use CA as a prefix unless i am awarded the membership number.

I wanted to know whether i can use ACA in professional qualifications under my name for resume purpose, before i get the membership?

12 Replies

(Guest)

Legally, you cannot use the word "ACA" if you have no membership number.

You can say "CA Final Cleared"

I just loose my mind on the day of result when CA Final passouts change their name by adding the prefix CA. This is ludicrous.They have cleared CA Finals and they are still ignorant about the law.

For Resume, you should use " CA Final cleared"  only.

CA Pankaj Kr Agrawal

CA Pankaj Kr Agrawal (@Helping Hand)     30 January 2015

Hi,

First of all Congratulation . .!!

Agreed with Hammad Rashid Sir

You have to be member of ICAI in Register of member by applying memebship application then only you can use the two magical word "CA" as prefix in our name. 

Thanks

Sunil Sharma

Sunil Sharma (Finance Manager)     31 January 2015

Hello Mayank.. Congo and welcome to the family of Financial Professionals..!! Nope you cannot use that tag unless you are legally permitted from the body but you can very well go ahead With Grad.CA before your name and more over on the part of resume use qualified Chartered Accountant thats sounds promising.
Soham

Soham (Learning )     31 January 2015

Best to Use word :  Qualified Chartered Accountant

1 Like
Arif Ali

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory)     31 January 2015

Hi Mayank,

You cannot use the prefix CA before your name unless you have awarded membership no. by ICAI.

I m very sorry that you have passed out CA final but you have not knowledge of professional ethics in Audit Paper.

Prefix ACA is for Associate membership no of ICAI. So you can not use this also.

Using of this prefix is contravention of Chartered Accountant Act 1949. Read section 24 with Section 4 & 5 of Chartered Accountant Act 1949.

CA Jay Bhatt

CA Jay Bhatt (Manager & Section Head)     31 January 2015

It will amount to violation of CA code of conduct so wait till your name gets entered in register of members.
CA Mayank Tulsyan

CA Mayank Tulsyan (B.Com(H), ACA)     31 January 2015

Originally posted by : Arif Ali
Hi Mayank,

You cannot use the prefix CA before your name unless you have awarded membership no. by ICAI.

I m very sorry that you have passed out CA final but you have not knowledge of professional ethics in Audit Paper.

Prefix ACA is for Associate membership no of ICAI. So you can not use this also.

Using of this prefix is contravention of Chartered Accountant Act 1949. Read section 24 with Section 4 & 5 of Chartered Accountant Act 1949.

Dear Arif,

Thank you for reply. But before feeling sorry you should carefuly read what i wrote earlier. I said "I am aware of the fact that i cannot use CA as a prefix unless i am awarded the membership number"

Arif Ali

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory)     31 January 2015

Originally posted by : Mayank Tulsyan

Originally posted by : Arif Ali

Hi Mayank,

Dear Arif,

Thank you for reply. But before feeling sorry you should carefuly read what i wrote earlier. I said "I am aware of the fact that i cannot use CA as a prefix unless i am awarded the membership number"

Hi Mayank,

Yes I read this at that time. But you mentioned that can you use the ACA or not.

mizbah khan

mizbah khan (student IPCC)     31 January 2015

Congratulations Mayank for the milestone. To others on this page, It is humble request to be a little courteous. You all are a qualified Chartered Accountants I assume and that is not the way a qualified person responds to a query. Please try to inculcate the ethics of communication which we all have very well studied in our course. Its time to practice the same. PS: I don't intend to demean or insult anyone here. Its just a humble request.
CS ( Dr.) Rajeev Babel

CS ( Dr.) Rajeev Babel (Practicing Company Secretary)     01 February 2015

ACA means associate member of ICAI. To get the membership one has to go through the eligibility criteria I.e passing of requisite exam plus requisit training and enrolment as a member of the Institute. Hence till that time Institute admits you as a member, you can not use ACA.
K.chandrasekaran

K.chandrasekaran (Partner)     01 February 2015

passing the  exam doesnot mean that you are practising the profession which is understood only if  you become a memeber therafter.some persons engage themselves actively in other professions.

CA Rahul Jain

CA Rahul Jain (Job)     05 February 2015

Hi Mayank. first of all congrats in the corporate world, but as per ethics and rules of ICAI act, one can not use CA with with his name unless his/her name is registered in membership register oof ICAI. So better to get the Membership number to call yourself Chartered Accountant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags