Urgent...please help

I deposited GST on advance payment received from client in December,2017. Now that contract got cancelled and I have returned the money to the client in February 2018. How do I claim refund of GST paid on advance payment? I am filing GSTR- 3B for February now.Can I offset this excess paid GST with February month GST outward liability? 

Please guide.

Replies (7)
as per section 31

Issue the refund voucher against Ur receipt voucher, & reverse the GST

extract from section 31 Cgst act
e] where, on receipt of advance payment with respect to any supply of goods or services or both the registered person issues a receipt voucher, but subsequently no supply is made and no tax invoice is issued in pursuance thereof, the said registered person may issue to the person who had made the payment, a refund voucher against such payment;
Yes u can offset mam

Thanks all for the prompt reply.

I have already issued refund voucher to the client. I didn't raise any tax invoice at the time of receipt of advance payment. Can I issue credit note now?My query is that how can I claim refund of GST which I have deposited to the governement?

I didn't find any adjustment facility in GSTR-3B so should I pay whole outward GST liability for February in GSTR-3B and apply for refund separately or I can offset it?  

Hlw mam.... Set off that amount in ur gstr3b for that amount which u already shown as taxable turnover.... And u should have add ur refund voucher in GSTR1.... No need to issue credit note as u hv not issued any tax invoice..... In first gstr1 u show as advance receipt and now show refund voucher..... Ur itc automatically increased for that.... Rather than go for refund adjust it in ur gstr3b... Hope u got my point

Clear now....Thanks a lot Divakar

Its okk mam... You r most welcome 😀😀

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details