Urgent help - itr filing

Hi all,

I filed my IT return for AY 2012-13 one month ago. It had some amount as tax payable but I could pay it then.

Now that I have paid that amount as self assessment tax, how should I inform the IT department about it?

Should I write the Challan number in the ITR V, sign it and attach a copy of challan with it and send?

Please guide, what should I do?

Many thanks

Zishan

 

Replies (6)

immediate revise your return aa soon as possible no need to attch proof of any kind with itr

Revise Your Return and in that enter the deatils of Self Assessment Tax paid

Yes agree with above views. Revise your return as soon as possible and you should always keep this in mind- never ever file return without paying your entire self assessment tax. Non payment of self assessment tax before filling return makes you assessee in default and then you will have to face complications of section 220 and 221. Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply guys. Just did that. yes

 

 

Revise the return and mention all the details of challan in that.

Dear Rectification is also a option to rectify your mistake.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details