Share More

Unique Code Numbers to CAs to check fraudulent practices

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))     25 January 2011

Rahul Gupta
Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.) 
 1101 likes  8004 points

| My Other Post

Unique Code Numbers to CAs to check fraudulent practices

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) will introduce Unique Code Numbers (UCD) from next month for Chartered Accountants (CAs) to help them check increasing incidents of fraudulent practices, including forged attestations, ICAI President Amarjit Chopra said today.

Once introduced, ICAI would ask banks to insist on UCD, as people file different balance sheets for various purposes without the knowledge or approval of CAs, he told reporters here.

The institute is being assisted by the software giant Infosys in this endeavour, he said.

He said ICAI, as part of 'Project Parivarthan' has initiated several operational process to meet global benchmarks.

One of these was virtual classrooms for coaching students, which would commence in February in 25 centres and be extended to 250 centres in the next six months, Chopra said.

ICAI is geared to meet the deadline of convergence of the Indian Accounting Standards with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), effective from April 2011, in select entities as per the government roadmap, he said.

To synergise the training process, ICAI has launched various programs with a view to familiarise the professions with IFRS and equip them with essential knowledge of the same.

Special workshops have been organised with bodies like Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs and Standing Conference of Public Enterpriss on managing transition to IFRS that poses a great challenge to makers and users of financial statements and to the reporting authorities -- the practical implication of IFRS, Chopra said.

https://www.business-standard.com/india/news/unique-code-numbers-to-cas-to-check-fraudulent-practices/123181/on

4 Like
avater

Aditi Kaur (Practising CA)    1 September 2020

CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here https://www.caclubindia.com/coaching/

avater

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant )     25 January 2011

Manmohan ACA, CS
Chartered Accountant  
 1239 likes  14235 points

View Profile | My Other Post

hey  great news 

avater

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     25 January 2011

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

Really very good news for the profession.

avater

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI)     25 January 2011

Santhosh Poojary
SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI 
 2659 likes  15587 points

Welcoming step by ICAI.

avater

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)     25 January 2011

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487 
 2892 likes  16631 points

Originally posted by : SAN...

Welcoming step by ICAI.

(Guest)

Originally posted by : SAN...

Welcoming step by ICAI.

avater

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")     26 January 2011

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta
"PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN" 
 11870 likes  113987 points

Fantastic News or Finance Fraternity and the profession itself.......

avater

Tehsinkhan Pathan (CA CMA DISA(ICAI) B.COM)     26 January 2011

Tehsinkhan Pathan
CA CMA DISA(ICAI) B.COM 
 512 likes  3946 points

A GOOD NEWS FOR CAs................

avater

Aditya Maheshwari (CA in Practice)     26 January 2011

Aditya Maheshwari
CA in Practice 
 2576 likes  35776 points

Good news for CAs. However if the same needs to quoted again then the same could be misutlised again. So it is mentioned it will help to check fraudalant attestations but what and how the purpose will be solved is a question left unanswered.

Also they state it would start next month, which is less than 4 days away.

1 Like
avater

RADHIKA JALAN (agarwal)     26 January 2011

RADHIKA JALAN
agarwal 
 213 likes  1521 points

good news........thnx 4 sharing.......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion