Under which head will the expense on renewal of software be classified?

Quick Summary
Software renewal like Tally license renewal is treated as revenue expenditure. It is not capitalized because it provides benefit only for a limited period. It is usually booked under indirect expenses such as AMC, subscription fees, or software renewal charges.

I dont know why ppl wanna get this capitalised? Because its reaping economic benefits? I doubt so because principle budget factor is different than a computer which processes. Can anyone directly trace it to a cost unit? No! Thats why i never ventured into marketing because the ownerz will do marketing and not me whilst i control their entity. Did i say something wrong here? 

@ dhirajlal is not accoladed by the club. I argued with others and not him. 

Leaving taxation ive entertained? Im higher in accounts. Dont believe corporates cause ive corrected managers. Lol its funny how life and knowledge is like

"Sorry, I am not a featured member." For featured members contact.... https://www.caclubindia.com/catalogue/featured.asp

 

 

We have paid Pollution Control Board in the factory. Now I am not able to understand. Should that expense be booked in Rate Fee & Taxes or in some other head? Please suggest this

Payment has been made to the Pollution Control Board in the factory. Now I am not able to understand. Should that expense be booked in Rate Fee & Taxes or in some other head? Please suggest this

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details