Turnover tax

I had a remittance business (agency of an international company) for which I was paid commission on such remittances, typically Rs 100/- per transaction. This was paid by the international company on a post TDS basis. I got an enquiry from IT asking me to pay turnover tax and they claim that turnover is the aggregate of the remittance amount while I believe my turnover is aggregate of the commission earned. I am trying to understand who's correct here and is the IT guy simply trying to pressurise bcoz logically, if I pay a tax on the turnover based on remittance amount I will end up paying more tax than my income which defeats the logic of "income" tax ! Pls help clarify. 

 

Replies (1)

Everything depend upon how you billed....

If you invoiced only Commission (& purchaser directly billed by  principal), turnover tax will not be liable,

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details