Turnover as per shipping bill value or as per bank realisation

I file ITR under 44AD and mostly in export business. 

 My question is whether while filling ITR, whether I should file the turnover as per value in shipping bill, since the same is reported in GSTR 1 returns as well.

OR 

The turnover should be as per payment realised in bank. There is always difference, due exchange rate difference.

The ITR form has a column, "Turnover as per GST", in which I will be obviously giving the turnover as per GSTR1 / shipping bill value.

My concern is, if I report Turnover in ITR as per bank realised value, which is usually less, then turnover as per GST, am I inviting scrutiny notice? What is usually the practise?

thanks

 

Replies (1)

This is practical difficulty faced by many assessee.

Its always preferable to declare the turnover as per GST return filed.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details