Treatment of bonus shares

I have a query regarding bonus issue of shares.

I have 15 shares of a listed company. Recently, the company declared the bonus in the ratio of 1:2, i.e. 1 bonus share for every 2 shares held.

I have 15 shares, and I received the bonus in two components.

First, I receive 7 shares.

At the same time, I also received the amount equivalent to half of the share in my bank account.

What should be the accounting treatment of the money received into my bank? This can’t be treated as dividend. This is not a sale as well, but the money is received into the bank.

Please guide me in this matter. Thanks.
 

Replies (1)

Good query, will be helpful if someone pls answer it.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details