Transfer of articleship due to marriage

I am preparing for my final exams due in June. I have recently got married and want to move to my husband's city after the exams.

But with the new rule on transfer of articleship, it says that I cannot transfer in the last 12 months of articleship. I have 9 more months of articleship to go.

Please advice if my case will allow for a transfer if it is to a different city?

What do I need to do?

Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Aastha

Replies (4)

  Point 'L' of new notification states that Termination of articles is permitted on justified circumstances as deemed genuine by the council.

I think your reason is genuine particularly if the city where u want to go is more than 50 kms away from your current place of residence.

You should consult your ca and should forward the application to the Institute.

i think u will get transfer.

the reason is genuine.... you'll surely get a transfer....

If u don't get it get a dummy for the rest of your articleship period.. to hell with the jokers of ICAI...

Thank you all.

I have been trying to get confirmation from ICAI office but no one seems to be sure. they are saying that it is a good reason and please submit the form 109.

what will happen if I submit form 109 and the transfer gets rejected?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details