Easy Office
LCI Learning

Trade license and sales Tax

Page no : 2

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 13 May 2011

i request you to visit McDonalds, their display board is for "Mcdonalds" not for the company who holds the McDondalds brand.

it also display the name of actual shop at bottom of board

at the entrance, u can see a small board, which display the name of actual shop, without any brand

tax authority are asking you about that small name board, not about the hording which you are going to use for promotion of your principal,

you name board fixed at entrance should contain your name, address and nothing.

1 Like

Replied 13 May 2011

As ANC stores has no existance at your place,except that XYZ communication is their franchise/ agent, so all documents would be in name of XYZ communication, even at registration time, the advertisxement panel is not needed, coz unless the XYZ get registered , he can not enter in agreement with ABC

post registration, XYZ will seek permission from municipal body to put an glow sign/ advertisement banner on his shop for promotion of ABC stores, and after necessary formalities, he will get permission to display ABC Stores on his shop with condition that the XYZ should be displayed also in that banner/advertisement.

Once again, i have to remind you that XYZ sign board is the identity of XYZ at that perticular place, like a letter box fixed on that address, and it does not relate any place with ABC

You have to display the ABC Stores on your Shop_sign, thats welcome, but you can not display in your Name Sign Plate.

1 Like

Prem (Legal Manager) (46 Points)
Replied 13 May 2011

Thanks a lot, Thank You very much.

What if ABC has it own operation store.

Replied 13 May 2011

if ABC has its branch then they will proceed for trade lic, and sales tax, and nowhere the name or identity of XYZ will appear

Arjun (IT) (22 Points)
Replied 01 September 2011

Hello,

I am having a Boutique Shop where i buy wholesale clothes and sell them as retailer, here do i need a Trade License or Sale Tax License?

i am looking for kind answer, thank you

Regards,

Arjun Hunurkar

Prem (Legal Manager) (46 Points)

Dear Arjun

You are required to get

Lincense under Shops and establishmment Act/Rules

Trade License, which is issued by the Local Authority for conducting trade

You are also required to register at CTO for paying sales tax.

Regards

Originally posted by : Arjun

Hello,

I am having a Boutique Shop where i buy wholesale clothes and sell them as retailer, here do i need a Trade License or Sale Tax License?

i am looking for kind answer, thank you

Regards,

Arjun Hunurkar

You have to have 

1) trade licence ( certificate of establishment)

2) Profession tax enrollment 

3) VAT registration 

4) shop and establishment registration

Arjun (IT) (22 Points)

can anyobdy plzz guide me where to apply the Trade License in Thane for Cloth Store,plzzz Thank You!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro