Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

tds short deduction

indu gurjer (CA)     17 June 2008

indu gurjer
CA 
 1 likes  50 points

| My Other Post

Is there some provision or circular as to what has to be done in case of short deduction of tds? say if Rs 80 only deducted instead of Rs.100 which ought to be deduted ? will such expense be disallowed in income tAX?

Vishal Kokadwar (Asst Manager)     18 June 2008

Vishal Kokadwar
Asst Manager 
 20 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Yes, the entire expenses will be disallowed as the provision of section is for not deducted and short deducted.

avater

CA. Atindra A. Prabhu Bhatikar (practising CA)     18 June 2008

CA. Atindra A. Prabhu Bhatikar
practising CA 
 2 likes  68 points

I agree with Vishal that there is no express provision in the section for proportionate disallowance of expense to the extent of non-deduction. But a person should be penalised only for the default he has committed. In this he should bear the burden only for equivilant expense for Rs.20/- short deducted, as he has deducted and remitted Rs.80/- to the treasury. However, my view is not conclusive as to my knowledge there is no circular in this respect

avater

Sumit (CA Practice )     18 June 2008

Sumit
CA Practice  
 13 likes  675 points

As per section 40(a)(ib), In case TDS is short paid or deducted or not deposited, then in that case the entire expenditure is disallowed. However such an expenditure is wholly allowed in that financial year in which it is wholly deducted and deposited.

(Guest)

sub: I want to form 5 annual  sheet

thanks

SHALINIJITHU (Accounts executive)     22 February 2017

SHALINIJITHU
Accounts executive 
 22 points

Is there any way to pay short deduction and their interest through online (2008-2009).we have 520 something amount is total deduction,How we pay this with uncliamed chalan.

SHALINIJITHU (Accounts executive)     22 February 2017

SHALINIJITHU
Accounts executive 
 22 points

Is there any way to pay short deduction and their interest through online (2008-2009).we have 520 something amount is total deduction,How we pay this with uncliamed chalan.

avater

Mahesh Bingi (Tax return preparer)     23 February 2017

Mahesh Bingi
Tax return preparer 
 23 likes  457 points

Calculate interest 1.5%/month on short deducted amount. Pay challan Minor Head:400, Mention Short deducted amount in Basic Tax, mention calculated interest in Interest. After payment add the challan to default statement & mention interest amount in particular cell and Add short deducted deductee to same challan. TRACES access must for this return correction.

avater

Mahesh Bingi (Tax return preparer)     23 February 2017

Mahesh Bingi
Tax return preparer 
 23 likes  457 points

Hi sorry, interest is 1% only.

Deposit short deduction amount with int 1% per month from date of deduction till date of deposit and do correction. Don’t forget to adjust base amount of default deductee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »