TDS payments disclosure in Receipts and Payments account

Hello members,

 

For example, when the TDS is deducted on salaries and paid, whether it will be shown as TDS paid or along with salaries cost?

Replies (11)

It is to be shown as Statutory Payments (TDS). This is not to be clubbed with salary cost

Yes... I agreed to Mr CA Kiran Sutrave.,

TDS on salary paid is not a salary cost. It's statutory activities after deducting in Salary amount...
What do you mean by Receipts and Payments Account ?
Are you referring to Trust I/E Account ?
Are you referring to Fund Flow Statement ??
please let know Manish ji
Originally posted by : Kapadia Pravin
What do you mean by Receipts and Payments Account ? Are you referring to Trust I/E Account ? Are you referring to Fund Flow Statement ??please let know Manish ji

 

Yeah, I was asking about trust's accounts.

I'm in doubt how the nature of entity will affect the disclosure in it?

 

Thank you Kiran and Raja. For that I'll need to separate PF deductions also.

TDS deduction A/c is a Balance Sheet item and has not anything to do with R&P Account or I&E Account.

At the year end, whatever unpaid TDS will be shown as outstanding liability (statutory).

The similar is for PF deduction.
Originally posted by : Kapadia Pravin
TDS deduction A/c is a Balance Sheet item and has not anything to do with R&P Account or I&E Account.At the year end, whatever unpaid TDS will be shown as outstanding liability (statutory).The similar is for PF deduction.

I was referring the TDS payments during the period. Are these shown separately or with respective expenses payments in R&P?

I didn't ask for TDS liability closing balance.

Yeah... Better to show it separately then We can check it as per percentage of deductions...
TDS deductions , PF deductions are not shown seperately in R&P / I&E Account.

They are mere deductions. Salary is a gross figure being shown under payments.

It is odd and inappropriate to show them seperately as expenditure /payments

They are employees money deducted from their salary for onward payment on their behalf to the Government.

They ( Deductions) are not expenditure ledgers.

Employer's contribution by default are a seperate payments in itself.

Okay

Thanks

👍 ok CA Manish ji

Then what to do

whether TDS should be included in respective payment? Rather than showing seperately?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details