TDS paid for WRONG assessment year

Hello, By mistake, I have paid Tds for the assessment year 2019-2020 but I need to pay for 2020-2021. Now if I try to revise the last year's ITR it says the last date gone which was in November 2020. How to get my refund?

Yes, the amount is showing in 26AS and I have applied for "Reprocess my return"  but again it's showing 0 refund.
 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
A user mistakenly paid TDS for the assessment year 2019-2020 instead of 2020-2021. They are unable to revise their ITR as the deadline has passed and are seeking a refund. The discussion suggests using the Challan Correction window on the Traces portal and, if unsuccessful, contacting the jurisdictional Assessing Officer (AO) for assistance with the refund.

Login to Traces and Go to Challan Correction window from there you can change

How to login at Traces ? I don't know tan number ?

How to register at that ? I am working as govt teacher.

For Refund you have to write to TDS jurisdictional AO as he only is empowered to grant refund.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details