TDS on AMC of air condition

Is TDS applicable on AMC of air condition? if yes then what is tax rate to deduct?
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is applicable to Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) for air conditioners. TDS under Section 194C is indeed applicable if the charges exceed the specified threshold limits. The tax rate varies between 1% or 2%, depending on the service provider, with a temporary 25% reduction in rates until March 31st, 2021.

Yes, if such charges cross threshold limit, tax to be deducted at source u/s 194C at applicable rates. Refer the link for more details: https://cleartax.in/s/section-194c-tds-on-contractor#194c

Yes TDS will be applicable if the annual charges for which bill i raised is more than Rs. 30,000 per bill of Rs. 1,00,000 for the entire year. TDS will be 1% or 2% based on the service provider. 

Till 31st March 2021, there have been 25% reduction in the rate of TDS. 

This is the first time I've heard of it. What other air-conditioning tax are you talking about? I'm going to buy an air conditioner in my apartment on https://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/installation/. So I will definitely clear about this tax. By the way, speaking of air conditioners... What brand of air conditioners do you prefer? Which brands are the best and most durable? This is my first air conditioner, and I don't know much about it. I found a lot of information on the store's forums. Still, I would also like to hear the opinion of the forum's residents. I will be pleased to receive any advice.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details