Tds mismatch in form 16 and 26 as

Hi All,

I had one query regarding filing ITR for which I request your assistance.

My Scenario:

In context of financial year 2017 – 2018 I worked for an organization from 1 April 2017 – 15 November 2017 only.

 In my Form 16 Part A I got 326176/- Gross Salary for Q1(April-June 2017) & Q3 (October 2017) months & Tax deduction of 17891/- which is mentioned in below screenshot.

I didn’t get any salary for Q2 because due to some unavoidablel reasons I took off from the job for some months in between.

In Form 16 Part B the Gross salary mentioned by Employer is 299363.21/- for period of 1 April 2017 - 15 November 2017 

So there is a difference of 26812.79/- in Gross Salary in between Form 16 A & B which is due to the penealty/deduction for Leave without Pay in various components of salary structure.

My Basic Salary  = 20833/-

My Query : On Incometax portal I am confused which Gross Salary I have to mentioned in section of “Computation of Income and tax” either from Form 16 A or B?

Because in Tax detail section -> Income chargeable under salaries = 326176 (Details from Form A) & Total tax = 17891/-

Appreciate your inputs for this query and thanks in advance.


Attached File : 2498731 20180726145614 itr ps.jpg downloaded: 108 times
Replies (1)

IN MY OPINION YOU MUST SHOW THE  326176  BECAUSE IT SHOWS IN 26 AS

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details