Exhibition place is booked where in bill they mentioned that charges are for Bare place amount is 450000 which sec is applicable 194 I Rent or 194C Contract for advertisement?
here in this case it is clearly evident that payment is made for 'use of land or space' at exhibition ground for advertising.Hence it squarely comes under rent definition as enumerated in Sec 194 I. Contract made, cannot alter its nature from being rent.since commercial rents do have an arrangement or contract between the parties.hence forth Sec 194 I is applicable.
A person making payment to Government is not required to deduct tax at source under Section 196.
The payments made to statutory authorities and local authorities are exempt from tax and hence not tax deductible. ---- TDS Deduction is not required under Sec. 194I when the rent is due or paid by an Individual or HUF not carrying on a business which is audited under 44AB
Leave a Reply
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies