Taxation scheme

Sir, I am conducting coaching class and I have opted Presumptive taxation Section 44AD
Now from current financial year 2023-24 I have started option trading.
So Respected Sir I want to know that next year when I will file ITR - 3 can I continue Declaration of my coaching income under 44AD and declare my options trading under normal tax? So I can avail benefit to disclose loss if my options trading T. O. is less than 10cr.
Please clarify 44AD for coaching & normal for option trading is allowed?
Replies (11)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the taxation scheme for individuals running a coaching class and engaging in option trading. It addresses whether presumptive taxation under Section 44AD can be used for coaching income while option trading income is declared under the normal tax scheme within the same Income Tax Return (ITR) 3. The consensus is that if coaching is considered a business, you can indeed opt for Section 44AD for coaching income and declare trading income under the normal tax provisions in the same ITR 3, provided separate accounts are maintained for each activity.

No, if you file ITR 3 then 44AD cannot be opted
You must file ITR 3 and go for normal scheme.
As per Your query You can file ITR 3 and opt sec 44ad for Your business income.
And separately for TRADING...


( What coaching You provide...???
is this under 44ad...??? )
Yes sir it is coaching for commerce students and I filed return under 44AD since 2020-21 for coaching class but I have question can I select normal tax for trading is allowed?
File ITR 3
If You are a individual and teaching is Your work then its not under section 44ad.

I case You are running a teaching class as business then You can ddo the same as Your way...

You can file u/s 44ad with ITR 3 and your Trading income...
Any itr filed
must hv these
1. i
threshold of income
2. source of income
3. nature of assesse.
Yes sir I am conducting coaching class but my Question is 44AD for coaching and normal tax for trading such dual taxation policy can we opt in same return by maintain separate Trading and profit and loss account and balancesheet for trading.
Yes, You can maintain both separately And file in same return of ITR 3....
Mahesh you can apply for same.
Thank you very much for your guidance

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details