Taxation of Dairy Business

RAJPAL BHARGAVA (ACCOUNTANT) (66 Points)

13 January 2011  

Dear Sir, I am working in Dubai since 5 Yrs., and now want to setup a small scale business in India with my Indian resident friend. We would like to setup a milk dairy business in our village situated in Jhunjhunu District (Rajasthan). In March 2011, I will be India on vacation for one month period, in the mean time I would like to complete all the formalities for partnership i.e. registration of partnership firm or other legal requirement. Now kindly advise me on the following points:1.     As an NRI can I start a business in India with Indian resident partner as partnership?
2.    After a certain time, I would like to settle in India permanently then what change in my resident status required for business point of view.
3.    How long time it will take to register a company?
4.    Will it be better to register a Limited Liability Partnership company or Private Ltd. Company?
5.    Which one will be better option as we are starting from capital investment Rs.15,00,000/-
6.    What will be the tax implication for Dairy Business as it is close to agriculture base business.
7.    What documents to be required for registration of company?
Kindly advise for the same
Rajpal Singh Bhargava