ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taxation in E&Y

Aditya Jain (Final (New) November 2011)   (758 Points)

07 December 2011  

Can anyone please give me some idea about what exactly would be the work in Taxation in E&Y . Will it be of more help than audit if I would want to start a new business related to production and trading . Because there is hardly any vacancy in Audit and vacancy only in Taxation . Would it be worth spending my time in just one single field i.e. taxation . Because i feel Auditing would have ve given be a better exposure than Taxation and knowledge of Taxation would never help me in any business in future .

13 Replies

CA Yatin Bansal (ACA, B.com, CS(Inter)) (196 Points)
Replied 07 December 2011

Are u joining E & Y as an articled clerk or on job basis? 

NAVEEN GARG (CA-FINAL) (104 Points)
Replied 07 December 2011

No, Aditya, Tax will help you in every Business. thats depend on your thinking. Because u can save Tax by making a good Tax Planing.

Replied 07 December 2011

Originally posted by : Yatin Bansal

Are u joining E & Y as an articled clerk or on job basis? 

I am joining on Employment Basis . I am already done with my articleship .

Replied 07 December 2011

Originally posted by : NAVEEN GARG
No, Aditya, Tax will help you in every Business. thats depend on your thinking. Because u can save Tax by making a good Tax Planing.

Tax Planning is a small part of business Naveen , compared to Audit where you get to know lot of practical issues related to overall running of the business .

Replied 07 December 2011

I think I am doing a mistake by considering my own idea about the kind of work which i would have to do . Can I please get some exact idea as to what would be the work under Taxation (as a fresher) in E&Y . Anyone knows any person working in Taxation Department in E&Y so that I can get some idea about what is the exact work which is required to be done . Once that is clear, we will be in a better position to assess as to how much would taxation help in Business .

CA Asfar Hashmi (Research Associate) (81 Points)
Replied 07 December 2011

EY Tax is a very vast and diversified work profile (depends upon which BU you will work with). From normal compliance work (TDS, ITR, Assessment) to other advisory services, EY will provide you a whole range of work exp. As you grow in the org. you will have to provide managemnet consultancy as well to your clients not only in tax but in other areas as well like FEMA compliances. As far as my exp is concerned, EY tax is a very lucrative opportunity.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Sneha (CA Final Student) (82 Points)
Replied 08 December 2011

Hi Aditya,

E&Y Tax, they do U.S Taxation (Supporting to U.S team) not Indian Taxation.

Before join please make sure it.

Sneha

Replied 08 December 2011

Originally posted by : Asfar Hashmi

EY Tax is a very vast and diversified work profile (depends upon which BU you will work with). From normal compliance work (TDS, ITR, Assessment) to other advisory services, EY will provide you a whole range of work exp. As you grow in the org. you will have to provide managemnet consultancy as well to your clients not only in tax but in other areas as well like FEMA compliances. As far as my exp is concerned, EY tax is a very lucrative opportunity.

Best of luck!

Thanks Sneha and Asfar . Asfar it seems you ve worked or are currently working with EY . Can you please give me some idea about what areas would be tested in the Interview of Tax and Audit . First round will generally be the same . Second Round would depend on whether I get Tax or Audit . I am planning to say Audit as my first preference (please guide me if you feel i should preferably take tax ) . Can you please throw some light on the areas of audit and tax which will be tested in the interview so that i revise and am confident in the interview .

CA Asfar Hashmi (Research Associate) (81 Points)
Replied 08 December 2011

Firstly EY does not deal in US tax. It caters to Indian clients only. It is EY GSS(Global Shared Services) which provides the offshore support to the onshore teams catering to US clients. Secondly the technical round will test your proficiency. If you opt for tax, you have to have the IT Act on your finger tip. If you choose audit, then AS, SAs and your accounting knowledge will be tested. Choose either tax or audit according to your liking, interest and strength. However, it is a fact that you have to slog more in audit.

Replied 08 December 2011

I am a CA Final student and not qualified Asfar ... I do not have any great tax knowledge . I have my exams in may 2012 . If they hire a CA Final student then they cnt expect good tax knowledge cuz they ll hardly pay 2.5 lacs . So how shall i actually prepare for the interview ?

CA Maulik Rachh (-) (114 Points)
Replied 13 December 2011

You should know that every field ia imp..in mumbai ,u knw CA s are earning in crores of rupees in taxation advisory ..ofcourse it will be helpful to u in the future

Replied 13 December 2011

Taxation profile is good in E &Y

Replied 13 December 2011

Taxation profile is good in E &Y

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags